MWGL Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- MWGL Questions and Comments (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- CS Tourney (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=299)

Posted by Surreal on 10-27-2002 06:31 AM:

Angry CS Tourney

Who holds a counter-strike tourney at 4 in the morning??? That's right, MWGL.

/me falls asleep.

Posted by Anthos on 10-27-2002 02:19 PM:

Actually, it was after 5 in the morning and we did it in order to make sure you all had your precious twelve rounds. I swear. If you're not bitching about one thing, you're bitching about something else.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by Brett on 10-28-2002 01:51 PM:

its only the cs players

hahaa

Posted by Spaz on 10-28-2002 04:09 PM:

5 am was really uncool. Having the CS tourney first would have been better. CS tourney had the most people playing in it anywase. Around 9 teams, which is 45 people compared to the 13 people for quake 3. If you want people to play their best game, then dont have them play when they are 90% asleep. As for myself, very disapointed in this MWGL compared to the rest. Probably the last one for myself unless stuff is changed.

Posted by Brett on 10-28-2002 04:25 PM:

this the spaz that was talking shit on irc?

anyway, let the q3 players play whenever atleast we wont whine, eh? ya cater to them whiners !.

Posted by DarkPhan on 10-28-2002 04:29 PM:

What was stopping the CS players from sleeping before the tourny started?

Posted by Bruce_1337 on 10-28-2002 04:30 PM:

I was actually fine with the cs tourny being at 5am... Just wish they would have said something. I just wanted to smash faces but unfortunately my team mate just wanted to sleep. Oh well, i rather play 12 rounds with no sleep than 7 with it. But the tournament was over by noon so it didnt tak nearly as long as u thought.

PS: If anybody has seen/mistakenly picked up a blue duffle bag, read the post labled lost items. I found out my astronomy book was in there and i really need it. If nothing else if you took it, at least return my astronomy book to me =/.

Posted by Spaz on 10-28-2002 06:59 PM:

What was stopping the MWGL Staff to announce the tourney time before hand? What was stopping the Quake tourney from being switched with the CS tourney. Want me to mention more variables that could be brought up?

Posted by Mr.Sparkle on 10-28-2002 07:06 PM:

12 rounds is fine, the double elimination component and lack of efficiency is what made it so long.
Mr.Sparkle

Posted by Anthos on 10-29-2002 12:27 AM:

What lack of effieciency are you referring to? I don't know if you can say a whole lot, since you chose not to participate. If your brother has an opinion on it, that's fine, but I don't think he needs you to express it for him.

Brett, quit being a jerk. They have a legitimate complaint about it being at 5am. That's harsh on anyone, especially without prior notice and lack of sleep.

We didn't announce the time, because we weren't sure of it. I was trying to get things with the UT tournament out of the way so we could get at least a few rounds of CS out of the way late Saturday night, so we wouldn't have as much left on Sunday. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. Stuff happens, though, and it couldn't be avoided. It also didn't take nearly as long as I thought it might and we actually could have started a few hours later. But, then again, that would have left us closing up the CS tournament right at the end and cutting it close to the time we had to leave.

Spaz, tone down your attitude. DarkPhan was asking a legitimate question. Yes, this schedule was f'ed up, but you don't need to take it out on him. As for you being disappointed in this MwGL, do you mean the CS tournament? Or do you mean the event as a whole? I get the feeling that it was just the tournament. Were you disappointed in the food? The prizes? The games being played?

As for the double elimination, it's always been that way. Would you all rather have it single elimination? How does Reborn feel about that? If it had been single elimination, they wouldn't have won.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by mekk on 10-29-2002 11:38 AM:

Agreed a tournament of any game must be double elimination.

All times are Central. The time now is 01:52 AM.
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page