MWGL Forums
Show all 7 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- MWGL Questions and Comments (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- UT2k3 Tournament Format (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=264)

Posted by dbh on 09-27-2002 12:53 PM:

UT2k3 Tournament Format

Any word on this yet?

-dbh

Posted by KaiserRoll on 09-27-2002 05:22 PM:

Probably just doing to be deathmatch, but bombing run would be good too

Posted by Anthos on 09-27-2002 05:28 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
Probably just doing to be deathmatch, but bombing run would be good too
Yeah, been trying to decide on that.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by dbh on 09-27-2002 05:47 PM:

My recommendation would be DM for the first run - either TDM or DM standard. I'd keep most mutators out of the run (big ones like Insta, for sure). I'd try and keep it as standardized as possible to avoid the "omg, insta is ghey!" or "wtf, low grav is tehsuq!" complaints. I think it's too early for a CAL / UGS standard to be reached, but I'd say straight-up is pretty close.

I'd recommend avoiding BR/CTF/DD modetypes for the same reason I think it was decided to avoid an official Battlefield tourney, as it is just too new for people to have established a "blend" and teamwork element. TDM and DM are standard enough gametypes that anyone, even if they haven't touched the demo yet, should be able to catch on and participate.

Entirely up to you guys though - I'll play either way. It's a game, and games are FUN Let me know if I can help out somehow.

-dbh

Posted by KaiserRoll on 09-27-2002 05:50 PM:

heh, how about randomly assigning people to four teams, running bombing run once or twice to eliminate teams, then deathmatch. Why can't it be a combination of UT elements.

Posted by Anthos on 09-27-2002 06:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
heh, how about randomly assigning people to four teams, running bombing run once or twice to eliminate teams, then deathmatch. Why can't it be a combination of UT elements.
Now there's an interesting prospect. If we get enough peeps, we'll definitely consider that. But yeah, will definitely be DeathMatch....

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by dbh on 09-27-2002 06:08 PM:

Sounds like a fun idea - we experimented with that at an LFF meeting... the possibility of randomly assigning CS teams for balance. That's because we had, out of 40 people, one team that was uber 1337, and a few 1337 individuals strewn about. So we thought it might be fun to stop the rapage and randomly distribute. In the end we decided not to, as people are paying for that rapage. They come, either 1v1 or as a team to win.

The idea of random teams would be great for "fun" games that people don't pay for, but for pay tournaments, it wasn't feasible for us :\

-dbh

All times are Central. The time now is 04:28 PM.
Show all 7 posts from this thread on one page