MWGL Forums Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »
Show all 38 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- MWGL Questions and Comments (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- Tournaments for MwGL Fall event (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=260)

Posted by Anthos on 09-17-2002 01:15 PM:

I had considered that. It should be out about a month before the event (assuming nothing gets it delayed). I'll go ahead and put it in. If you have voted already, and would like to change your vote to UT2K3, let me know via PM or email

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by BurnPilot on 09-18-2002 11:56 AM:

Would it be possible to seperate this one poll into two seperate polls? One would be for individual events and one for team events. It is extremely possible that we could run a new team and a new individual event with all the great new games that have come out recently. If we seperated them people wouldn't be restricted to voting for either and individual or a team game when the is the chance that they might want to enter one of each.

Posted by Anthos on 09-18-2002 12:16 PM:

I'm don't think we'll have the time for four tournaments at the event. I'm sure everyone remembers having to cancel a tournament, or cutting one short, just with the three tournaments.

Posted by BurnPilot on 09-18-2002 03:57 PM:

So this vote is for a tourny just to replace UT? I assume we are still having CS and Q3 then. What will happen if a team tourney gets chosen, is there going to be 2 team tournies in the event then?

Posted by Anthos on 09-18-2002 04:43 PM:

That's the plan so far, yes.

Posted by Sharky on 09-18-2002 10:10 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Kagato
Battlefield 1942 - plain and simple.

My thoughts exactly. BF1942 has got to be the most enjoyable game out today! I mean there are just so many cool aspects about this one. 1942 is the way to go! As far as RTS...we ran one at our last event (WC3). It was a pretty big hit, but OMG...it went on forever! FOREVER!

Sharky

Posted by KaiserRoll on 09-20-2002 09:52 AM:

Wow, If UT2k3 is gold allready, then it'll almost be that whole month you were talking about. Yea, do that.

Posted by dbh on 09-20-2002 09:42 PM:

What? Are you kidding me guys? A TOURNAMENT at the MWGL for BF1942??? what, one team of 2 vs one team of 2? We don't have the #'s for that... even if everyone who attended participated! It's designed for at LEAST 8 men per team, and best with 16v16! I do not see this as a realistic possibility. Particularly when the poll is already spread this far... some will be disgruntled and sit out just because their title didn't make it.

As said before, a BF1942 large game pub would be great - but an organized tournament is insane :\

my 2c

-dbh

Posted by BurnPilot on 09-20-2002 09:54 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by dbh
What? Are you kidding me guys? A TOURNAMENT at the MWGL for BF1942??? what, one team of 2 vs one team of 2? We don't have the #'s for that... even if everyone who attended participated! It's designed for at LEAST 8 men per team, and best with 16v16! I do not see this as a realistic possibility. Particularly when the poll is already spread this far... some will be disgruntled and sit out just because their title didn't make it.

As said before, a BF1942 large game pub would be great - but an organized tournament is insane :\

my 2c

-dbh

I would have to agree with this. In my opinion, the smallest teams possible would be 10v10 and from most things I have read most leagues are doing at least 12v12. As of this point and time I don't think it is really possible to do this. Maybe we should give it a couple months and see how the game takes off. If it surpasses CS or something and we think we can get a good turnout, then maybe we should add it. For right now I think it is too new to get the numbers for enough teams.

Posted by dbh on 09-20-2002 11:05 PM:

At the LFF we always used to break out the codename eagle for pubbing... in fact, we've done away with officially sponsored tournaments for this exact reason: people have more fun without the competition at the LFF. They play a larger variety of games, and the games that normally don't get played (i.e. Codename Eagle, BF1942, etc.etc.) get played We always leave tournaments open, meaning if anyone wishes to host one, they are more than welcome if they provide us with prior notice so we can have a dedicated server with files up and running. But for games like this, that situation is ideal-- we seperate the room(s) based on numbers of participants and all hop in one big giant battle. For a game like this with it's current following, I'd recommend something similar for starters.

Don't get me wrong - I think the game is awesome and would love to play it!

-dbh

Posted by BuZzZz on 09-22-2002 09:16 PM:

Ummmm Yeah

Hey,

Well what i dont understand is what are the other tournys gona be, cause jedi unreal2003 are first person battle field is team, casstle wolf is team, so what are the other tourneys,

i thing it would be cool for like unreal 2003, battle field1942, and jedik2 would be great for all three tournys, including diffrent playing styles for everyone, and beeing since quake3 is so old, what 2-4 years now, still looks ok though, there should be new tournys. but what do u guys think??

BuZzZz

ps anyone know where the lan party will be at??

and hey develon if you read this, i got a truck!!! yeah!!

Posted by Anthos on 09-23-2002 09:14 AM:

Event will be held in Merriam, Kansas. Click here for more info. This poll is to decide which tourney will take the place of Unreal Tournament. For the time being we are keeping Counter-Strike and Quake 3 as our other two tournaments.

Posted by Anthos on 09-23-2002 11:46 PM:

Oops.

Sorry guys, I just wasn't thinking. dbh brought up an excellent point in the fact that a BF1942 tournament, in all likelihood, just isn't possible, due to the size requirements of the teams. Due to this, we are removing it as a tournament choice and all voters for BF1942 have the option of changing their vote to another tournament choice. Once again, sorry folks, and thank you, dbh.

Posted by Squirre1 on 09-23-2002 11:52 PM:

We will be having fun with BF1942 cause squirre1y has something up his sleeve that not even the others know about.... Muahhahahahah.....

Posted by dbh on 09-24-2002 11:49 AM:

No problem, Anthos... I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again - it's been awhile since I've been able to make it to an MWGL!

Squirre1: Exactly what kind of fun are you talking about... sicko!

-dbh

All times are Central. The time now is 01:54 PM. Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »
Show all 38 posts from this thread on one page