MWGL Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- Console (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61)
-- Xbox Espn Nfl Tourney (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=596)

Posted by WaRMaN on 09-23-2003 11:02 AM:

Xbox Espn Nfl Tourney

Would anyone be interested in competing once or even regularly in an ESPN NFL Football game for the XBOX? Obviously using XBOX Live. I would moderate this through our website with enough participation. Let me know.

Posted by Mizzouri on 09-24-2003 02:10 AM:

I need to see how it stacks up to Madden before I buy a copy. I hear it's really good though. Anyone got a copy that they want to bring to the LAN party this weekend?

Posted by WaRMaN on 09-24-2003 09:02 AM:

As an ex-Madden player, I believe this game has more of the fun factor than Madden, but is just slightly behind in the simulation. I didn't buy Madden this year because I am boycotting them not doing multiplayer on XBOX, but I hear from Madden fans that the franchise mode is more indepth than ESPN if you like that sort of thing.

Posted by WaRMaN on 11-28-2003 10:01 PM:

OK, is anyone up for this now? The game owns you and Madden's fat ass. Let me know.

Posted by Anthos on 11-29-2003 04:37 AM:

I would prefer not to be categorized together with Madden's fat ass.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by BurnPilot on 11-29-2003 08:03 AM:

How about doing Madden 2004 on the PC? People (Rikus, Jimmy and I) actually own that.

Posted by WaRMaN on 11-30-2003 12:37 AM:

quote:
I didn't buy Madden this year because I am boycotting them not doing multiplayer on XBOX

That's why! EA made a money desicion that cost them my business. Plus, did you see Barber's uniform number? 58! For those of you who live under a rock, that is Derrick Thomas' jersey number. How disrespectful can you be? ESPN didn't make that terrible mistake and that's why ESPN will always be the world wide leader in sports, and now sports games. At least rent the game and play it some. The game is so much better. The other games will make you feel like you are playing in slow motion.

I bought ESPN NHL HOCKEY today. Let the checking begin! I can't wait for an ESPN baseball release or even golf. These guys know how to make fun sports titles! Rugby would rock too.

Posted by BurnPilot on 11-30-2003 08:07 AM:

Barber is 59 on mine. Maybe they fixed it on the PC or that mess up is X-Box exclusive or something. Thing is, I'm boycotting PC-in-a-Box errr.... X-Box since Microsoft screwed over Halo like they did. Also, I heard the reason EA didn't put net play on the X-Box was because they didn't want to do Live and Microsoft demanded they do.... or something to that effect.

All times are Central. The time now is 01:00 AM.
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page