MWGL Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- FPS (First Person Shooters) (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18)
-- Okay, I'm in a bit of a quandry (UT2K3) (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=808)

Posted by Overboard on 03-26-2004 07:55 AM:

Okay, I'm in a bit of a quandry (UT2K3)

I recently upgraded from Windows Millenium to Windows XP (yay for me!). What I actually did was install XP on a brand new hard drive, so in reality, my WinME setup is still intact.

Now for the problem: I go to install (reinstall?) Unreal Tournament 2K3 and, lo and behold, I cannot seem to find my jewel case and the attached, ever important CD Key. Note: I am NOT soliciting CD keys!! Please don't send me any!!! What I am wondering is does Atari/whomever else produces the game have some sort of replacement policy for lost keys and if so, how would I go about doing that? I have to say, their website is less than user-friendly in this respect.

Since my old system is still intact, I can get to my "Unique ID" that's displayed on the network screen in setup; in fact, I actually wrote that down thinking it might be my key, but then I found out that Unique IDs are 32 characters and keys are only like 16 or 20.

Adding to my fun is the fact that since I installed the game on my WinME system I have moved to a new house, sooooooooo in a last ditch effort to locate my jewel case I will be tearing apart my closet and its contents rather soon.

Oh, and yeah, I know UT2K4 is out. I might get it someday but right now I'm really interested in resurrecting UT2K3.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this subject.

Later!

Posted by Krogue on 03-26-2004 11:52 AM:

Check out this site. It is Atari's Customer Service site. If necessary, you can always call the telephone help desk for info.

Atari Customer Service

Posted by WaRMaN on 03-26-2004 11:57 PM:

This site will help you even more, and save you a helluva lotta time!

Posted by Overboard on 08-05-2004 10:48 AM:

FOUND my key, FINALLY! It was about 6 feet from me all along in a pile of stuff I hadn't looked through. Got the inspiration to put the objects in said pile where they belong (finally) and as I went through it, I found my key.

Not nearly as many UT2K3 servers out there now, at least not running Instagib. Guess everyone's defecting, er, upgrading to 2004.

Posted by KCShadowDragon on 08-05-2004 02:14 PM:

IG is hard to find in 2k4 Mainly because when you search it's not a "standard" server.

It's out there tho. And there is only ONE reason to upgrade to 2k4... dual assault rifles baby!

That and they brought back the REAL sniper rifle.

All times are Central. The time now is 09:14 PM.
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page