MWGL Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

MWGL Forums (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/index.php)
- Hardware (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7)
-- joystick help (http://www.mwgl.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=741)

Posted by Gravity on 02-10-2004 05:31 PM:

joystick help

well i have a new joystick. one of those nice ones like burn. its a saitek x45 and i was wondering for all those that have bf 1942 and this joystick, is how do you have it set up. i was reading some fourms about it and it seems like a lot of work to set it up to use the throttle properly. is there a fix or something that i can download to set it up easily or do i have to modify my air.con file and set up a custom profile.

Posted by Anthos on 02-10-2004 06:11 PM:

Dat would be best directed towards BP.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by KCShadowDragon on 02-10-2004 06:27 PM:

I was talking to Burn about this earlier and he mentioned that the Throttle never worked right after an update. He never mentioned if he ever got it wrking again tho...

Posted by Gravity on 02-10-2004 07:12 PM:

well from what i have found out is that i need to modify a dat file and my air.con file and and once i get my controls set up i modify my joystick profile to match what i edited in the previous files save that profile for bf1942 and use it to play the game but i can never modify those settings or they revert and i have to start again. and it sounds like a problem a friend of mine had with the claw (which took him a month to sort out) and with my luck ill fubar my bf and the problem is that the fourms i have found on it talk about how they modified the previous one and the made like a million changes to it and theres 22 pages to read and i just didnt feel like learning a new skill for one freaking joystick and game combo

Posted by KCShadowDragon on 02-10-2004 07:24 PM:

Well Bong from what I recall it was an update to the game that was released that made it so ruddy difficult to change the .con files.

I had been considering getting a joystick and had asked him about it. That lead to a discussion about BF and the updates and such.

Just my 2 cents... give or take.

Posted by Anthos on 02-10-2004 08:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by GravityBong
well from what i have found out is that i need to modify a dat file and my air.con file and and once i get my controls set up i modify my joystick profile to match what i edited in the previous files save that profile for bf1942 and use it to play the game but i can never modify those settings or they revert and i have to start again. and it sounds like a problem a friend of mine had with the claw (which took him a month to sort out) and with my luck ill fubar my bf and the problem is that the fourms i have found on it talk about how they modified the previous one and the made like a million changes to it and theres 22 pages to read and i just didnt feel like learning a new skill for one freaking joystick and game combo
Perhaps you need to double check whether the file is read-only or not. If it is, then that's your problem. If it is not, then make your changes, and make it read-only. That may stop the proggy from switching it.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Posted by Gravity on 02-10-2004 08:46 PM:

no the original set of files and instructions i found would revert if you went into your air controls regardless of read-only or not, kinda like in cstrike when you went to the menu where you picked your generic sprays. if you changed your spray or not it would revert to the default just cause you went to that menu. i have since found a file that when is read only will make the throttle work in 1.6 and .7 DC however im not sure how to change the key settings with out losing my settings. so now i have throttle and default keys for the joystick and keyboard. i just wish they would make a patch for the joystick i have and let me pick the keys

Posted by BurnPilot on 02-10-2004 09:09 PM:

Sorry I didn't get back to you about whether it was a good buy or not Bong, was at work when you called and then had school. If you are still having problems getting it to work, the thread below has the new files and steps needed to get the joystick working in BF1942. Look for the second post on the page by Drayu.

X45 Thread

Posted by Gravity on 02-11-2004 03:23 PM:

i had tried one of the other posts (was newer) by drayu and it wasnt working however i found a post by another person and its about the same thing except that i have to go in and look at what all his profile settings are for the stick. but there are eject keys and all most of the radio commands now iall i have to do is move a couple of things and i will be good thx for the help

All times are Central. The time now is 05:15 AM.
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page