Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > Ppl who whine about CS...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Will_T

Ppl who whine about CS... quote:

Next event.. Bring some CD's of a game you enjoy like Command and Conquer, let us all install the game and we can play it. Alot of the games you guys play and enjoy I don't own. Don't just whine about the game everyone plays, do something about it. I think it would be fun to get away from CS and play something fun at a lan. Thats what lans are all about right? I guess some ppl can't distinguish a LAN from a tournament.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2003 04:35 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

The problem with this idea is that these days, unless you are playing with a legit version you will need some sort of "crack". I know many of the MwGLers at the last event were trying to play BF1942 with a crack because someone didn't like having to dig out their cd (or forgot it, can't remember why) and had cracked their copy. Problem was, we were getting all sorts of incompatiblity issues saying we had different versions. In the end we all had to reinstall and use the regular executable so that we could get a game going and ended up wasting several hours of game time. This is the problem with newer games. "Cracked" versions are often incompatible with non-cracked versions and it is too much of a hassle to go crack the game I bought just to play it.

My suggestion would be that everyone at least pick up Battlefield 1942. It is going to be like Half-Life in that it already has many mods in development and there will be many more, so you WILL get your money out of it. I know next lan people will probably be playing Desert Combat .3 and hopefully the alpha of "Galactic Conquest" (the Star Wars mod) so you should get quite a bit of use out of it at the next event alone.

Old Post 03-28-2003 11:30 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Right, remind me to go around and individually ask everyone who to see if they want to play what I'm playing.

Old Post 03-28-2003 03:07 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will_T

quote:

If you aren't willing to do the work then just stop posting about how everyone plays CS. If you just want to sit and mope around you can, but no reason to make everyone else feel bad.

Old Post 03-29-2003 04:53 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Oh my god... you seriously want me to burn copies of my games for everyone...

A little CS is perfectly fine, but if that is the only game you have, or want to play, then you seriously deserve sympathy.

Last edited by KaiserRoll on 03-29-2003 at 05:59 PM

Old Post 03-29-2003 05:54 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
g0dsp33d

quote:

We do not support *cracked* games and in no way condone the activity.

You should have a full working copy of the software for yourself, what you do with it is up to you.

Old Post 03-30-2003 03:40 AM
g0dsp33d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for g0dsp33d Click here to Send g0dsp33d a Private Message Click Here to Email g0dsp33d Visit g0dsp33d's homepage! Find more posts by g0dsp33d Add g0dsp33d to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mekk

quote:

There are a lot of free modifcations for the Half-Life engine that are really fun. You don't have to just play CS all the time.

Old Post 03-30-2003 05:09 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Natural selection! I can't believe I forgot about that game... Next event... we play that.

Old Post 03-30-2003 11:45 PM
atr.ninja!

quote:

maybe we should get a few chat rooms going for each individual games, i dunno plz dont flame me im just trying to help with this idea.

and yes i agree with will and morehead on the terms of there are multiple different games and/or mods that would be awesome on lan. here are some games i can think of personally:

of course cs and bf1942
operation flashpoint
command and conquer generals
jedi outcast 2
Rune: Halls of Valhalla
Regular HL multiplayer (never loses its fun)
quake 3
UT2K3
tribes 1 & 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
WARCRAFT 1, 2, and 3
Nascar Thunder
N e Tom Clancy games
AND if those games fail, you can always bring a game system or something to play on teh big screen, im sure u would have to talk with mwgl staff. or if worst comes to worst u can spectate Squirrle and Titan getting owned by Kellogg and recoil in beach volleyball

Last edited by on 03-31-2003 at 01:23 PM

Old Post 03-31-2003 01:14 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Hopefully this mod will be out by the next lan

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~monkey...php?action=news

Old Post 04-02-2003 04:08 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mekk

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
Natural selection! I can't believe I forgot about that game... Next event... we play that.

If you can get enough players I would love to play this game. The best teams are 6v6. After the counter-strike tournament of course. :P

Old Post 04-07-2003 11:16 AM
Titan

quote:

OKAY, SWAY, yes, squirrel and i got owned.. but thats because squirrel is worthless at that game.. now, zack and i.. THAT is a good match.. its on now baby, that game better be there.

Old Post 04-30-2003 04:35 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 06:42 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]