Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > CS is for weenies.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
liquidthick

Exclamation CS is for weenies. quote:

Im sorry ive kept my peace for as long as i can.
I respect the makers of CS and everything and its a decent game to pal around on but thats it.

Move on to games that will force u to develope REAL skills.

You ever notice about every one who plays CS is about 14 or younger, Is a f*ckin kiddy game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2003 05:10 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

If you would like to express an opinion, please do so in a constructive manner. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and game preferences. Also, it would help if you don't make up "facts" to support your "argument".

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 04-02-2003 05:35 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
atr.ninja!

quote:

all im going to say is...... Wow.

Old Post 04-03-2003 07:20 PM
atr.nolimit

quote:

why say wow? this guy is coming to this forum and complaining about the game that people love to play, and no one cares what he says. and this is a kiddy game???? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. as far as i know, most "kids" stick in pubs all day, i like to call them pub gods.. in cal, there really isnt any "kids" to worry about.

Old Post 04-03-2003 07:23 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

I've been swayed by his arguments. It's definatly not natural selection, which draws in a significantly older crowd of people.

Old Post 04-03-2003 10:01 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NeoSempai

quote:

I didnt know you guys did a ID check on every pub you were on... maybe if you didnt suck at cs so much... and whine that it's a terrible game... people wouldnt reply to you in offensive manners... then you wouldnt think they were childish.

Old Post 04-05-2003 12:47 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Ok, first off, you all shouldn't be offended by people not liking a game... second... well.. you really shouldn't be offended by anybodies opinion... Cs players have such thin skins

Old Post 04-05-2003 04:36 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NeoSempai

quote:

Did you expect me not to reply to this?

or...

Did you want me to reply to this in an offensive manner to rally some support and base from viewers for yourself... guess what... I'm going to offend you! cough cough non-CS players are just kids who love gaming with no skills cough cough

Old Post 04-06-2003 06:37 PM
Fragable

quote:

Since when were hot dogs able to play games?

Old Post 04-06-2003 11:04 PM
NeoSempai

quote:

Your name is Fragable.. must I really reply?

Old Post 04-06-2003 11:31 PM
mekk

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by atr.nolimit
why say wow? this guy is coming to this forum and complaining about the game that people love to play, and no one cares what he says. and this is a kiddy game???? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. as far as i know, most "kids" stick in pubs all day, i like to call them pub gods.. in cal, there really isnt any "kids" to worry about.

Being a CAL admin I can certain disagree with you here nolimit. There is an overwhelming amount of people that are immature in CAL and try to use disputes to get them a win. We have been working on way to prevent this. This season there will be even more of this taking place because there is over 4000 clans in open.

quote:
Originally posted by NeoSampai
I didnt know you guys did a ID check on every pub you were on... maybe if you didnt suck at cs so much... and whine that it's a terrible game... people wouldnt reply to you in offensive manners... then you wouldnt think they were childish.

NeoSampai, while I am a counter-strike player my self I'm going to have to disagree with you here. KaiserRoll not playing CS isn't a matter of his personal skill its a matter of him liking the game. Many people play counter-strike everyday for hours on public servers to just have fun. Counter-Strike isn't all about being good or on a team. There is a whole other aspect of the game "pub". What exactly are your CS achievements?

quote:
Originally posted by NeoSampai
Did you expect me not to reply to this?

or...

Did you want me to reply to this in an offensive manner to rally some support and base from viewers for yourself... guess what... I'm going to offend you! cough cough non-CS players are just kids who love gaming with no skills cough cough

So by saying this you are implying that all gamers that don't play Counter-Srike have no skills? fatal1ty doesn't play much counter-strike yet he is one of the best gamers in the world.

Last edited by on 04-07-2003 at 11:04 AM

Old Post 04-07-2003 11:02 AM
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

Thank you mekk... you put what my non-politically-correct mind has been thinking into very diplomatic words. It's so sad to see so much bitching. These are games... last time I checked games are created for folks to have fun. That's my two cents.

Old Post 04-07-2003 03:26 PM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will_T

quote:

Mekk needs to take into account that, Neosempai and Nolimit didn't start this thread saying anyone who plays CS has no gaming skill... liquidthick did.

Old Post 04-16-2003 03:55 AM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Will_T
Mekk needs to take into account that, Neosempai and Nolimit didn't start this thread saying anyone who plays CS has no gaming skill... liquidthick did.

If anything though, Neosempai and Nolimit's responses could be viewed by many as bordering on exactly the same childish/arrogant attitude that liquidthick was accusing all CS players to have. In fact, Mekk's response shows that there are some mature players in the game. The problem is that the immature, loud, annoying, use any other adjective you want, players are the ones that get the most attention. Due to CS having such a large player base the idiots and immature fools are even more obvious. So while stereotyping all CS players like liquidthick did would be wrong (and some could say immature in it's own right), anyone with any experience with CS would have to admit that that is the appearance that is put out because there are so dang many of these "kids" that won't shut up. Heck, as mekk pointed out, rampant immaturity is even the impression through a large portion of the CS community as well. Doesn't mean that it is true of all CS players.

As for the claims that one game takes more skill than the others? All games take skill. Don't kid yourself into thinking that just because YOU play the game it has to take more skill than any other game . Just because it is a different type of skill than you are used to doesn't mean there isn't any involved. Does being a great Warcraft3 player takes more or less skill than being a great CS player? Not really, just different types of skill. When you compare games such as BF1942 and CS the skills get even more similar but still might not be exactly the same. One might take more critical thinking versus twitch reflexes, but there's still skill involved. It all depends on what you like in a game though, when it comes to which skills you admire more. Doesn't mean they aren't there though.

Old Post 04-16-2003 06:09 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NeoSempai

quote:

haha, too bad I have better things to do than read that kids fucking 300 word post... bottom line... crowleys right... if you disagree... blow me (typical reply huh?!?) haha... god I love seeing non CS players whine how "CS" players act... you failed to consider that I play q3 also... so that makes me a q3 flamer too. :-p yea yea... look at me.. im a badass... i can say cs sucks... grow up kiddo... get some ass then put this in the past.

Old Post 04-16-2003 06:54 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 09:52 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]