Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Planetside Players?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
RichardGelding

Planetside Players? quote:

Hi all. My first post here. I was just wondering who all here has gotten into Planetside as of late. I've been playing for the last month or so. Yes, I was in the beta.

So yea, just curious.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2003 02:27 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

I don't, but I've thought about it. Is it any good? If you have the retail copy, maybe I can get that 7-day free trial subscription, if you still have it ?

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 05-30-2003 09:58 AM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RichardGelding

quote:

Lol. Is it any good... well, I'm biased. I've been waiting for this game for two years and have followed it's development ever since. So, to me, this is everything I've ever wanted in a game... huge atmosphere, replay value, stat keeping, first person shooter, customization, etc. I could go on all day about it, but I won't. All I know is that a lot of people are being kept away because of the 12.99 a month fee. Personally, not only is it worth it, but its only three dollars more than most games.

But, in short, the answer is yes. Yes it is. And, in answer to your second question, yes, yes I do.

Old Post 05-30-2003 09:51 PM
SaltedSlug

quote:

Here is what a person in the Squad i'm in for OFPR said about Planetside.

"planet side is the sickest game I've ever had the pleasure to beta test.. it says it has real physics... so to say, like OFP.. but it doesn't, the planes are helo'd physic'd, and the gunfire COF (Cone of fire) is a complete joke.. there's no bob, no weaving.. bascially the game is only fun for mass destructive weapons, wiping out a field of oncomers.. or be wiped out.. the vehicles are a joke, you can't move around inside them.. you have to get out then get in as gunner or whatever..
the game plays on it being a team sport, with good comms system and you can start squads and what not.. that's the only good thing, but other aspects of the game are a real joke aswell.. like friendly fire points, you accumlate these, and if you get enough you vehicles on travels at 10% max power, your COF gets messed up even more..
The big thing is, if a friendly runs you over with his tank, you get FF points added to you.. and all kinds of stupid little crap like that.

The game is a joke, I hope cowboy didn't buy it.. not to mention it's pay to play..
ohh, and night time.. there is no night time.. you can get nv goggles and stuff, but it never gets dark.. ever..

it's a pos.. if you see it in the store, take it off the shelf and stomp on it.. so that the loser who buys it can't play it.. he'll prolly thank you in the end."

Old Post 06-03-2003 12:04 PM
RichardGelding

quote:

Okay... a few corrections...

For starters, there is no night vision goggles. There are several types of implants that alter your vision, such as darklight which gives you the ability to see cloakers but limits your overall viewing radius.

Secondly, grief points work rather well thus far. Yes, you get them, I'm sitting on 15 right now, but there have been an amazingly low occurance of FF thus far. And, even if there is, you can always go somewhere else. Seeing as how there are a dozen different continents.

Third, there is a major emphasis on moving as a group... that's how the big missions get accomplished, but there is also the ability for a lone wolf to play. Many times I go in alone and have just as much fun as with a group.

Finally, the physics, while not real, lend themselves well to the game. The cone of fire is realistic... growing larger while moving and jumping, and getting smaller while you are crouched. And believe me, you really have to take this in to effect. You can't just spray and pray. Unless you're a Terran.

So yea, a lot of people are saying its a joke to pay to play, but we've been guaranteed that there will be bi-monthly updates giving us new equipment and vehicles and there are always performance updates. The whole game is a tight knit community, both in game and through the official site, giving you access to individual stats, squad stats, live world maps, forums, etc. All in all, I highly suggest people try this game and make their own judgement, mainly because every person's experience of Planetside is different so you must decide for yourself. This isn't a black and white decision.

Old Post 06-03-2003 02:57 PM
SaltedSlug

quote:

Yea I understand. He is just probably use to playing OFPR. Kinda tactical, realistic game and it might have been a wierd jump for him I unno. I'm currently playing a game thats like crack. Anarchy Online. Been playing for about 2 years. It's completely useless but something about it keeps me comming back. its 12.95 a month. I'll have to read up a bit about Planetside. Only seen some screenshots.

Old Post 06-03-2003 04:07 PM
Episode

quote:

I aswell have watched the developement of this game for close to 2 years.

I was lucky to beta test the game.. yes tons of bugs crap to go through, but all in all the game is well worth trying out, the game is IMO like tribes and halo in one.

i play it now aswell, i play Emerald East as the vanu Faction,and European server as the Terran.

i love the game alot and hate it at the same time.. what makes a better game... and what i love best about the game is Sony watches over the hacking... hack the game cmon try......

love unhacked games. =]

Old Post 06-03-2003 07:22 PM
prophecy519

quote:

PLanetside is the SHIT. Very system intensive, but aside from occasionally crashes and other bugs, it will entrap you instantly. Couple of friends here in town play it, and only it, constantly. Anyone have one of those 7-day trial subscriptions i could bum??

Old Post 06-29-2003 06:18 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 07:38 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]