Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > I wish we would have had the halo beta at the last mwgl.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

Unhappy I wish we would have had the halo beta at the last mwgl. quote:

I got it recently, and it is a blast. :tup:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2003 03:55 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

I had a horrible time with it this last weekend at the LAN I went to. We maxed out a couple of games at 14 people I think (I know we had the max and it wasn't very much). A lot of still buggy network code - laggy throughout - and a lot of waiting to spawn issues.

It was very pretty though. I didn't find it very much different than what is already out on the market as far as gameplay goes, but the vehicles were a blast. I think it can be a solid FPS, if they get the code tweaked for release, but I don't think it will have much in the way of staying power. Unless the final release offers a lot more in the way of stable gameplay, and unique game modes, I think HALO for PC will be gathering dust on a lot of shelves within 6 months of release.

Old Post 09-17-2003 05:11 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

I have a program that lets me play online games, I play with my UT clan, and we never have any lag, strangly enough plays like a dream.

Old Post 09-17-2003 06:05 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

I will say, I don't know what beta release we were playing with, so it is possible that I was using an older release. Overall, it was an enjoyable game during the times when it was running stable.

I still don't feel the originality that would have been there if it would have been released with the XBOX. With all the advances in team based FPS since then, the gameplay still seems a little stale. But, who knows. Microsoft is the king at mafrketing, releases, and finding a way to make big money off of almost everything they do. So, it may end up being a big hit regardless.

Old Post 09-18-2003 11:20 AM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 07:06 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]