Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > Magic
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
KaiserRoll
Line noise

Magic quote:

Does anyone play M:tg?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2002 07:14 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devilon

quote:

* finds the duster to clean off my card boxes.

Not for two years.

Old Post 03-10-2002 12:45 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by devilon
/me finds the duster to clean off my card boxes.

Not for two years.

Heh...yeah, same here....but more like 4 or 5 years.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 03-10-2002 03:25 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Feh, I keep finding all these old players, musta been a lot bigger back then.

Old Post 03-10-2002 04:01 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devilon

quote:

I remember the days when a Black Lotus was nothing too special. Just another card in the collection.

Old Post 03-10-2002 04:52 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Hey, if you happen to have a couple just lying around...
Other than that if anyone wants to play, we could play at the event, take a break from computers and what not.

Old Post 03-10-2002 08:46 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
Hey, if you happen to have a couple just lying around...
Other than that if anyone wants to play, we could play at the event, take a break from computers and what not.

Hmm...I don't know how busy I'll be, but I might try it. I think I've still got some old decks put together...Not up on the current rules that they keep fucking around with, though.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 03-11-2002 11:25 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

man, i used to kick anthos' arse in that game!!! i swear!

Old Post 03-13-2002 12:09 PM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

I've still got my decks, in fact I dusted them off just last week when friend from Rolla was visiting, before that the last time I played was with Anthos. Forgot how evil my kamikaze attack red deck was. If only I could find my life counters.

Oh yeah and the reason Freex would beat Anthos is because we would play 3 player games and Anthos and I would be to worried about each other to bother with him. By the time we realized the error of our ways Freex would have an invincible army of Island walking Merfolk and have turned half our lands to islands.

Ahhh the memories... like the time before the computer game when Anthos and I were playing over the web and I kept getting accused of cheating....... or when I made the "Fountain of Youth Kill Deck" (I would get 20/21 fountains of youth that flew and killed people.).... and even the time I made a 200+/200+ Sengir Vampire and gave it trample/shadow/protection from almost every color. Those were the days.

Old Post 03-14-2002 03:10 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Oh don't even get me started on M:TG, I spent WAAAY too much money (hey, who didn't) on that game. I can remember owning one of each mox, Black Lotus, Time Walk, and all the "uber" cards. *sigh* The 'ol college days, we'd start playing Friday night (hello, Pizza Hut?) and usually play late into Saturday, sometimes Sunday (boy the looks on people's faces as they came through, amazed that you were still there). Used to attend tournies too, loved playing in the closed decks, where you compete on skill not somebody's bankroll. Unfortunately they ruined the game though, I lost interest after 4th Edition. I know they wanted to expand the game and allow for more combinations, etc., but it just to be too boring, having to remember all the new rules, plays, etc. Man the local comic book store loved us, we'd walk in and split a full box of boosters and starter packs (now that I think about it, $115 for a box of carboard wasn't that good of an investment). All in all I probably broke even, if not made out a bit ahead, I thought about it early on, purchased 3 beta Black Lotus's and put them in a safety deposit box at the bank. Kept them there for a year or so then sold 'em.

*sigh* I do so miss the long nights of Magic games...

Old Post 03-18-2002 05:29 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr.Sparkle

quote:

Like others I used to play. I had a necro-counter deck before they nerfed the necro decks. I was working at 1,000,000 comix the whole time so I had access to all their cards for my own disposal but even then with all the options it just got boring. I also played Battletech from its start to its finish. I managed to collect all the sets in multiple quantities, sure it cost me quite a bit, but I had fun with it never-the-less. There still is some demand for them, every so often we get a call at the comic shop of someone asking about them, or I see someone who wants them online. Oh well.
Mr.Sparkle

Old Post 03-26-2002 08:30 PM
Bruce_1337

quote:

hehe, unlike kagato, magic spent money on me. Check this out.

http://www.wizards.com/sideboard/ar...?x=SS00/welcome

to bad i lost whatever drove me to be good at that game. I still play sometimes and am ranked like top 5 composite in the city. Now i spend all my time trying to do the same with CS even though thats not going to happen.

]3ruc3_1337 aka [RCS]Sean_T

mtg sucks =/

Old Post 04-01-2002 10:21 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 06:59 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]