Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > Star Wars Packaging
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

Star Wars Packaging quote:

Widescreen:

Fullscreen:

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2004 12:05 AM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

GIMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-24-2004 12:46 AM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tech Doc
|MwGL| Member

quote:

mikey likey

Old Post 03-24-2004 01:09 AM
Tech Doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tech Doc Click here to Send Tech Doc a Private Message Click Here to Email Tech Doc Visit Tech Doc's homepage! Find more posts by Tech Doc Add Tech Doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Two please.

Old Post 03-24-2004 01:25 AM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Ohhhhhhhhh.......
/crosses fingers that they take out Greedo shooting first.

Old Post 03-24-2004 07:36 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pc_g0d
Mr. Motion Sickness

quote:

I'd love to get the widescreen set...but my wife hates the bars on the top and bottom on the big screen. I told her I could fix it by buying a widescreen tv, but she didn't go for it?

Old Post 03-24-2004 12:10 PM
pc_g0d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pc_g0d Click here to Send pc_g0d a Private Message Click Here to Email pc_g0d Find more posts by pc_g0d Add pc_g0d to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r2k
Disabled

quote:

hey, why did they wait so long to release these? did they "remaster" them again?

Old Post 03-24-2004 03:04 PM
r2k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r2k Click here to Send r2k a Private Message Click Here to Email r2k Visit r2k's homepage! Find more posts by r2k Add r2k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by r2k
hey, why did they wait so long to release these? did they "remaster" them again?

Cause Lucas already has more money than God. Well, that and LucasArts is fearful of pirated copies *gasp* - heaven forbid that would be outweighed by the purchasing power of the fans.

Saw that boxing a few weeks ago - looks cool, but I'll only be buying if I can get a remastered version of the original - fsck the crappy computer graphics they put in the SE's.

Old Post 03-24-2004 04:18 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

quote:

I personally think the gold should be the wide screen, but hey when I get them I won't have teh box anyway...

Old Post 03-24-2004 04:23 PM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

quote:

Me first

Me first!!

I'll take one of each on DVD.

Woot Woot

Old Post 03-26-2004 01:28 PM
Mojo_jojo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mojo_jojo Click here to Send Mojo_jojo a Private Message Click Here to Email Mojo_jojo Visit Mojo_jojo's homepage! Find more posts by Mojo_jojo Add Mojo_jojo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

Here are the (rumored) details on the extras...

http://www.chud.com/news/april04/apr5sw.php3

Old Post 04-06-2004 06:08 PM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

bleh...give me a higher quality DVD over "special features" any day. Them things are a waste of time/dvd space, in my opinion. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SPLIT THE DAMN MOVIE INTO TWO DISCS, FOR SOME STUPID FUCKING REASON, EVEN THOUGH IT'S ON DVD AND THEY HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM ON ONE DVD TO FIT THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!!! INSTEAD THEY PACK EXTRA FEATURES ONTO THE FIRST DISC, RATHER THAN THE SECOND HALF OF THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....fuckers....

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 04-06-2004 08:22 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

Whoa, nelly!

Old Post 04-06-2004 08:57 PM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gravity
|MwGL| Member

quote:

he has a valid point. teh dvds we buy and burn have a 4.7 gig max space on them and the high quality movie dvds put out by companys have over 9 gigs(dual layer). so they can get twice as much high quality video on one disc than what we can(something like four hours).

this is a common complaint in the anime industry. they could easily get twice as many episodes on one disc and due to all the work that goes in to an american release you would still have the full anime in the same amount of time just with fewer discs. however if they did that an already $30 disc would be $60 so they could make the same amount of money and who wants to pay that for one disc. now often times they have a set that comes out later on fewer disks(and has all the extras of the earlier discs included) and is cheaper but that only happens after they make their money.

so essentially what is happening is they are telling the consumer that it has to take up two discs and thre fore should cost more because its better it takes more discs. when in reality the could probably get the movie on one disc and put the extras on another. in which case ppl would want a cheeper version with just the movie and no extras to satisfy ppl like anthos. and again that means more work, additional art different box and less money made for the company.

Old Post 04-07-2004 02:46 PM
Gravity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gravity Click here to Send Gravity a Private Message Click Here to Email Gravity Find more posts by Gravity Add Gravity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 06:19 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]