Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > Would you vote for John Kerry?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ldonyo
[B]Bush actually hasn't said he would do anything beyond the tax cuts that wiped out the first surplus this country had in two decades and sending troops into the Middle East.

President Bush gave us back a tax cut that has stimulated the economy. Jobs are being created and unemployment is down if you hadn't noticed.
quote:

His 'No Child Left Behind' program is a complete, and totally unfunded, joke that is forcing schools to teach things that will be covered on the standardized tests and nothing else.

Please, do you not understand we have students that are being graduated and passed without knowing how to read? Do you not see that as an important issue? Teachers and districts are being held to account for the graduates that are entering the system.

quote:

His economic policies have bred the outsourcing of an growing number of programming, manufacturing, and support center jobs to India and Asia.

Outsourcing has been done for a number of years, way before Bush took office. Clinton was the main one to start outsourcing to China. Bush just gets all the credit don't he?

quote:

His energy policy relies his oil buddies on drilling in wilderness park areas looking for more oil for the SUVs that should have had to follow engine efficiency guidelines, but don't because the auto lobby spent enough money to make sure that didn't happen.

The price of oil being $2 is why they are considering drilling in Alaska. The overdepency on foreign oil don't scare you enough to risk disturbing the carribou? Thats the only thing there! Yes, his oil buddies are getting rich is a poor excuse. John Kerry is rich because he wed rich, not because he ever earned a cent. Bush at least has worked and held a job. I would rather have Bush as my president any day over Kerry!

quote:

Thank God Bush is worried about steroid use in professional sports, though!

If you are so much for change then do some real reading on what President Bush is doing. He told us he would hunt down those responsible for 9/11 and he is. He has not flinched on going after those that support terrorists. Democrates are politizing all this stuff about prisoners being humiliated. Big deal, we have soldiers being killed and civilians being blown apart! But you want us to treat the prisoners caught humanely! You want inquiries about how we blow our nose out there!

You want to know why I want you to support our President? Here is a picture of my son, Mark who is out there chasing down these terrorists so they don't come to your house and cut your head off while you sleep!

has attached this image:

Last edited by on 05-17-2004 at 11:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-17-2004 11:30 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Well said brother!

Old Post 05-18-2004 01:01 AM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

Amen amen HALLALUJA!!!! Or however it's spelt.

Old Post 05-18-2004 02:20 AM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

Your son is a patriot Sir quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DeathsDoor[SS]
You want to know why I want you to support our President? Here is a picture of my son, Mark who is out there chasing down these terrorists so they don't come to your house and cut your head off while you sleep!

From where I sit, this is not a glamerous job your son is doing. It looks like he is serving our country and should get the respect he deserves.

Your son is a hero in my book for even being there while I sit in my comfy office chair writing this message. I give him PROPS and my support for serving the greatest country on earth.

Well done Soldier!!

Old Post 05-18-2004 08:34 AM
Mojo_jojo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mojo_jojo Click here to Send Mojo_jojo a Private Message Click Here to Email Mojo_jojo Visit Mojo_jojo's homepage! Find more posts by Mojo_jojo Add Mojo_jojo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ldonyo
LAN Addict Workhorse

quote:

I'm glad your son is still alive. My cousin was killed about a month ago. His name was Chris Gibson. He was all of 22 with a one-year-old child. His mother and grandparents are still in shock. I have no trouble supporting the troops in the field. That doesn't mean I have to agree with anything the President, or any of his appointees, says or does. And I usually don't.

Rather than drilling for oil, there ought to be an increase in research to find an alternative to fossil fuels. The way most people in this country conspicuously consume, there is no way to ever be free of a dependence on foreign oil unless it is replaced with another energy source.

I don't have a problem with educating the children of this country, I have a problem with using standardized tests to measure that education and basing the funding of a school and/or district on the results of said test. That won't teach children to think, only to memorize the answers. The MAP tests in Missouri are a prime example of this foolishness.

BTW, Bush hasn't gone after anyone, he has sent many other people, a number of whom have been killed, to go after folks for him. While the results have been very beneficial to the U.S. and the rest of the non-Arab world, the job won't be done anytime soon. Also, Bush still plans on pulling out in June, which means that all the remaining terrorists have to figure out is how to lay low until the U.S. troops are gone and then take Iraq for themselves.

During the Internet Boom, which occured during the Clinton administration (not that he had anything to do with it, he just happened to be in office) we were issuing more H1-B visas to foreign workers than ever. Those jobs are now being shipped overseas to the same work force we used to bring into this country.

No, the tax cuts did not stimulate the economy. It took several cuts in the Prime Rate for that to start to happen. Yes, there are now more jobs being created than lost, but there is still a giant job deficit compared to the pre-Bush 2 era. In other words, we're still in the hole from a total number of jobs perspective.

I also think we spend too much money on foreign aide, not enough money on education, and that 99.99% of professional athletes and actors are so vastly overpaid that it is beyond comprehension.

I think that if we're going to get rid of terrorism in Middle East we need to borrow a few pages from Israel's book and stop pussyfooting around already. It's long past time to stop worrying about whether or not they like us, they don't. They never will, no matter how much we do for them we will always be infidels and there will always be those who are willing to blow themselves to bits to take some of us with them. So, if a town harbors resistence, level the town. It wouldn't take too many examples of this for the message to sink in.

While I respect your opinions, I simply do not agree with many of the policies put forth by the current administration. I also don't see it getting any better anytime soon, given the current crop of political figures which aspire to the office of the President of the United States.

Old Post 05-18-2004 12:33 PM
ldonyo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ldonyo Click here to Send ldonyo a Private Message Click Here to Email ldonyo Visit ldonyo's homepage! Find more posts by ldonyo Add ldonyo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ldonyo
While I respect your opinions, I simply do not agree with many of the policies put forth by the current administration. I also don't see it getting any better anytime soon, given the current crop of political figures which aspire to the office of the President of the United States. [/B]

This line by itself saves you in the fact that there is hope for people who have this opinion. That is the current position of many who are being blindsided by the propaganda media liberals who are controlling what is being reported on in the news.

My heart goes to you and your family in the loss of anyone brought on by these terrorists. Your anger is misguided if you believe it is President Bush that is to blame for our troops being in harms way. The terrorists brought it to our door this time. They had their chance by blowing up our embassies, ships, and barracks over the previous administration. This time it is different. We are not at war with any given nation. We are at war with extremists. You are right that they don't like us and never will. These are thoughts engrained in their very beliefs.

My whole point in summation is that we are at war and the President has a tough decision in keeping us there or pulling back and letting them take over in the mideast. It is a wave of terror that will be felt for generations to come. No he is not pulling out in June after we transfer power. No we will not run and hide from these mindless thugs! That is why I feverously challenge those who can vote to vote for President Bush! Please don't vote for Kerry simply because you don't approve of some of President Bush's policies. Democrates are using anything to get to Bush and as you stated they simply don't have anything better....

Old Post 05-18-2004 04:51 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WaRMaN
Administrator

quote:

quote:
I think that if we're going to get rid of terrorism in Middle East we need to borrow a few pages from Israel's book and stop pussyfooting around already. It's long past time to stop worrying about whether or not they like us, they don't. They never will, no matter how much we do for them we will always be infidels and there will always be those who are willing to blow themselves to bits to take some of us with them. So, if a town harbors resistence, level the town. It wouldn't take too many examples of this for the message to sink in.

For real dude - quit reading my thoughts...

Old Post 05-18-2004 08:25 PM
WaRMaN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WaRMaN Click here to Send WaRMaN a Private Message Click Here to Email WaRMaN Visit WaRMaN's homepage! Find more posts by WaRMaN Add WaRMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Why stop there, take a page from the Romans and...

Old Post 05-18-2004 08:44 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 04:59 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]