Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Cod 2
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

Cod 2 quote:

Got it installed last week, first impressions are that the graphics are better while playability is more or less about the same. Right now my favorite map is St. Mere Eglise, which is a really nice mix of assault and sniper hunt. The thing that has surprised me the most about COD 2 is how it brings my system to it's knees. I kicked it up to 1280 with med detail, shadows on, but with AA off, and the onscreen FPS counter showed that I was getting about 25 fps while just standing around in a quiet zone. Lowering the settings to 1024, med detail, shadows on, AA 2x brings me up to around 30 fps most of the time. I'll have to keep testing to see if I can squeeze out a few more frames before the LAN. Maybe Reflex could help me do a full writeup on the game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2006 01:21 PM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

Re: Cod 2 quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mizzouri
Maybe Reflex could help me do a full writeup on the game.

Video games are stupid get out of my face.

(I'm so hung over right now somebody please help me )

Old Post 01-01-2006 04:42 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

Now that I'm feeling about 70% better, I would love to help you out, just drop me an email.

Old Post 01-02-2006 12:35 AM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Today is my Friday, so I'll shoot you an email in a day or so.

Old Post 01-02-2006 08:35 AM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Well, we learned something this weekend. If you are having problems getting decent fps (aren't we all), then one thing you can try is to render in DirectX7 as opposed to DirectX9. When Squirrel and I made this change we noticed an immediate gain of 40fps. Interestingly enough after you make this change you will no longer see snow. Though that will be a good thing for some. Try it out and post your gains. and visual differences that you notice.

Old Post 01-29-2006 11:04 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 03:37 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]