Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > RTS (Real Time Strategy) > Any good RTS out right?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

Any good RTS out right? quote:

Now that I finally have a desk again and can actually PLAY games, I've got the itching for a good rts. While at good ol Best Buy I spied a game called Company of Heroes. It seems to be getting good reviews so I was wondering whether you guys had played it yet or had any input on a god rts that you have been playing or are is on the horizon.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2006 10:33 AM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

It looks pretty good...Havent had a chance to see if a demo is out, but I am sure thier is.

Old Post 09-30-2006 11:22 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

I am downloading the COH demo right now and I will try to play it later tonight.

Old Post 10-01-2006 02:36 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

I'm currently hooked on WoW. I really should just give into huge gaming fads sooner.

Old Post 10-03-2006 07:01 PM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

Well I have played the demo of Company of Heroes and I would have to say that I will definatly buy it. I went thru the Tuturial and Skirmish and both were fun. It can be multi player up to 8 people and I would love to see that happen. The graphics are nice and AI seems to work pretty good. You have to maintain control points to raise you supply line amounts. The whole enviroment is destructable.

I will buy it for sure.

Old Post 10-04-2006 10:05 AM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

I've downloaded it too, but my system keeps locking up on me on this game and on COD2. Gonna try to fiddle with it tonight to get back in the game. Especially since I just bought an Audigy 4 sound card. Wish me luck.

Old Post 10-05-2006 07:28 PM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Well, found out what was causing my system to lock up. While peaking around for anything obvious like loose ram I happen to see something strange out of the corner of my eye; a dangling fan hanging off of my video card. Seems that the card (6600gt)only gets hot after a few minutes of game play. So, since I did not have a replacement fan handy I ran out to Best Buy and bought a slot cooler. At first it seemed to cool it, but after about 10 minnutes I was locked up again. Oh well, I'm off to Microcenter for a replacement vid card tomorrow. Sounds like a good time for a small upgrade. In any event I still have a useful 6600gt that I should experiment with watercooling. Anyone tried this befire?

Old Post 10-07-2006 07:52 PM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Alright, now with the hardware issues behind me I finally got to play the demo yesterday. I am really impressed with what I have seen so far. My only complaint is that the speed of gameplay seems a little too fast. I'm hoping with a little more time this won't be an issue for me. Once I get my hands on the full version I'll know soon enough. But as of right now I think this would be an awesome game for an RTS only lan.

Old Post 10-09-2006 12:30 PM
KungFu
n00bie

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mizzouri
My only complaint is that the speed of gameplay seems a little too fast.

Old man.

Old Post 10-09-2006 03:20 PM
KungFu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KungFu Click here to Send KungFu a Private Message Click Here to Email KungFu Visit KungFu's homepage! Find more posts by KungFu Add KungFu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

quote:

Thanks for the recommendations. Glad to hear that it was good. I could use something new for my gaming inventory. I'll look into it after this weekend.

Later,

Old Post 10-12-2006 02:02 PM
Mojo_jojo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mojo_jojo Click here to Send Mojo_jojo a Private Message Click Here to Email Mojo_jojo Visit Mojo_jojo's homepage! Find more posts by Mojo_jojo Add Mojo_jojo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Well, the game play is a bit too fast for my liking. Every game I feel like I'm hustling as fast as I can just to build buildings, make troops, capture way point, etc. The game would rule if it coulld be slowed down 20%. I may go ahead and buy Cossacks II.

Old Post 10-12-2006 11:46 PM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Well, got a little free time and decided to pour it in to COH and have changed my rating on the game to a MUST HAVE. Still wish the game play was a little slower but we can't have everything now can we? Anyway, I think this would make an awesome LAN game and I may have to organize another RTS event. Any interest?

Old Post 11-01-2006 10:03 AM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

For those who are interested, I went out to Ebay and found Cossacks II going for $11. Ordering mine right away.

Old Post 11-03-2006 09:25 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 07:09 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]