Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > January 13 LAN
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

January 13 LAN quote:

Games to be played:
A) Rainbow Six: Ravenshield
B) Call of Duty 2
C) Company of Heroes
D) Unreal Tournament 2k4

Attendees:

1) Mizzouri
2) Squirrel
3) Squirrel's squeeze
4) Tim
5) Joe
6) Brad
7) Nathan
8) Crash
9) Phillip Fritz
10) Ben
11) Nick
12) Dave
13) Jeff
14) Burnpilot
15) Jerad
16) Phil Hannum
17) Welles
18)
19)
20)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-19-2006 10:03 PM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

I was on UBI's website and noticed that the minimum requirements for R6 Vegas are pretty steep: 3.0GHz or higher proc, 1GB ram, etc. I'm going to put this on my spare pc and see how it does on a 2.5GHz with 1GB ram. If it doesn't pan out we'l have to put UT2k4 back on the menu.

Old Post 12-20-2006 05:53 PM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Say, what do you guys think of mixing it up a bit and having some 2v2 ranked ladder matches? Squirrel would need to give us a spot to keep track of the outcomes.

Old Post 12-20-2006 05:57 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

How about Raven Shield instead of the pretender to the R6 throne that is Vegas? Raven Shield was the last true Rainbow 6. I really want to lan now that my busy season at work is over.

Old Post 12-20-2006 07:45 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

You really don't like Vegas huh? What makes Raven Shield better in you opinion?

Old Post 12-21-2006 10:30 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Raven Shield was the last game in the series that had the tension and anticipation caused by the realism of the game. The R6 games made after that were made for consoles first and ported back to the PC. Since they were made for consoles, they were also made less realistic. That goes 100% against what made the series great in the first place. If I wanted an arcady FPS I'd be playing CoD or even better, CS. Sometimes you want that edge of your seat tension that the old R6 games used to provide and the new ones don't.

Old Post 12-22-2006 02:32 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Not to mention that it is limited to 4 person Co-Op.

Fuck that. There was nothing more fun than taking a team of 6 or 8 people through "Parade" or "Prison"

Crappy-ass Console Ports.

Old Post 12-22-2006 05:51 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

That, and I bet a lot more people have Ravenshield already. Wish I could play that with ya'll. Going back to Rolla before the 13.

Old Post 12-23-2006 01:29 AM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Hmm, well since I already own Ravenshield and the fact that most of the guys machines really aren't up to running Vegas I'll change A) to Ravenshield if BurnPilot will come. Now where in the heck ARE those disks?

Old Post 12-24-2006 08:04 AM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Sure, I'll come if there's gonna be Raven Shield, add me to the list Now, I guess I need to install UT2k4 and patch since that is the only other game on the list I have.

Old Post 12-25-2006 08:11 AM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Wel, the list has been updated, so we'l be seeing you at the LAN then. Someone just need to get Rick to come. Krogue, any possibility of you showing up?

Old Post 12-25-2006 08:49 AM
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

Are you planning one for March? I will be up with the family during Spring break so if you can arrange one then, I would love to come play with you guys. I do miss the LAN parties.

If anyone of you play BF2142, my soldier name is Whakkan. Add me to your buddy list. I stopped playing MMORG's now so I will be playing BF2142 and Dungeon Seige 2 mostly.

Old Post 12-28-2006 08:01 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Give me the dates exactly. Our son is due in February so March could be tuff to pull off.

Old Post 12-29-2006 08:17 AM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Up to 14 confirmed and 3 maybes. Seems like we are growing again.

Old Post 01-05-2007 06:33 PM
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mizzouri
Give me the dates exactly. Our son is due in February so March could be tuff to pull off.

It looks like we will be coming up on March 10th thru the 17th or maybe 18th. We could go home earlier than the 17 depending how things are.

Old Post 01-09-2007 10:37 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 03:33 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]