Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > cs maps?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
bobdoletha1

cs maps? quote:

quote:
All maps to be played will be destruction (bomb) maps. Possible maps include the following: Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Train, Prodigy, Inferno, Nuke, Cobble, Vertigo, Vegas, Torn, Storm, Chateau, and Piranesi.

About dust vegas vertigo torn storm chateau or piranesi... all of those maps are horrid for match play.

Is it possible to stick with CAL maps for the tourney? What about including mill?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2002 10:49 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

It's possible, yes, but I won't guarantee it. Mill and Fire won't be included.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 10-15-2002 03:51 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EwKSnipistPlaya

quote:

Chateau.. Eh...

You should add cs_thunder to that mapcycle. It is a good map, that nobody ever uses for tournaments anymore. Is't Possible?

Old Post 10-15-2002 03:57 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

No.

Old Post 10-15-2002 04:03 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce_1337

quote:

I heart Anthos

Old Post 10-16-2002 12:57 AM
bobdoletha1

quote:

thanks for considering it.

Old Post 10-16-2002 11:02 AM
mekk

quote:

Can you please give us a map cycle for CS so we know exactally what maps we need to prep for?

Old Post 10-22-2002 01:17 PM
marloo

quote:

Bob you would be replacing him ^
|
|

Mekk aka CAL|MattM aka head of cal division...not sure what one but I do know its the simple one because mekk = not to smart haha
<---WINAR

Old Post 10-22-2002 03:40 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mekk
Can you please give us a map cycle for CS so we know exactally what maps we need to prep for?
quote:
Originally posted by Anthos
Possible maps include the following: Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Train, Prodigy, Inferno, Nuke, Cobble, Vertigo, Vegas, Torn, Storm, Chateau, and Piranesi.
Those are the maps that you need to be prepared to play.

Old Post 10-22-2002 04:24 PM
mekk

quote:

quote:
Mekk aka CAL|MattM aka head of cal division...not sure what one but I do know its the simple one because mekk = not to smart haha

I am the head conference admin of CAL-o central. I am also a head CS admin and manage the new admins. I also do a lot of other stuff for it too.

quote:
Those are the maps that you need to be prepared to play.

So how are the maps decided? Will a cycle be announced the day of or do both clans pick a map? Also is there a coin toss for CT and T side?

I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to figure things out.

Old Post 10-22-2002 07:02 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Yes, a map cycle will be announced at the event. It will most likely be given out Saturday night sometime after the tournaments so that everyone will have an equal opportunity to take that time to prepare, if they so choose.

Old Post 10-22-2002 08:11 PM
bobdoletha1

quote:

I feel for you matt. I was head of main central in 1.3 - it sucked, but not nearly as bad as open would have.

Old Post 10-23-2002 08:35 AM
dbh

quote:

why's that? Open never submits disputes... they know what skill looks like, don't they?

-dbh

Old Post 10-23-2002 09:43 AM
marloo

quote:

Ok I think I have a way to get those horrid maps off the list. Here I go, I would like to point out it is 7:13 am before I start.

The following maps should never be played in serious competition for the following reasons:

De_dust: This map was played in the Beginning of cs. Yeah somehow its still popular but so were mullets, would you be caught dead having a mullet these days? NO! and if you do have one I WILL have clippers with me just for you. But seriously the map was played so long ago when strats didn’t matter because you could hop around like a rabbit and other things that are impossible now in 1.5, the strats for back then are useless I don’t care if you are the old X3, if they were to use the dust strats they had back then against teams NOW they would be slaughtered just because the game play has changed so much.

De_piranesi: This map is very new to the cs world and had a VERY short lived massive public server shelf life. I can’t think of even one team I know of that has strats for this HUGE monstrosity let alone even a clue how to strat it.. Cts = own the map from 2 locations much like the famed dust.

De_chateau: OK wow this map is a nightmare. I’m talking elm street style NIZZLE; even if you have a gf4 and a good comp you will still get the bad frame drops that are unavoidable due to very very bad texture choices for this map. Remember kids that all types of peeps play this game and some don’t have uber comps like ZE GERMANS.

De_vegas: one bomb site = impossible to get to if you are a t, 1 bomb site = impossible to get to if you are a ct. Moral of the story when mapping always remember the cts have to be able to defuse and the terr have to be able to plant. If I am on the terr team I rush to the bomb site that the CT's can’t get into without totally DOMINATING the terr side. I win YAY ME!

De_vertigo: Certainly not a map thought out very well by the planner. Cts can come up behind the ts before they have time to spit. T's if they can get out of spawn without being shot from the back in .009 seconds by a dropping ct can rush a ramp being that they are spread out enough that it is almost impossible to back them up properly let alone cover them, can take one...get a bomb site and you have de_vegas all over again. MESSY!

De_torn: wow have you even played on storm? I remember cal having it for I think one week then NEVER again. There is a reason for that. Nuff said?

De_storm: Ok now another map cal tried out and no longer plays. Why you ask? Well its like this, Storm is VERY dark and well if you have a player that is legit and follows rules, he cant see a dang thing, BUT we also have the people who like GAMMA. Yes I'm saying that there are some cs players out there that will so whatever it takes to get the edge. I know I know I am wrong. CS players don’t do that sort of stuff...right? Well the gamma stuff isn’t very noticeable to the untrained eye and well if you don’t know where shadows are supposed to be then how can you judge if someone gamma is too high?

Final thought: Real teams like to play maps that are fair to both teams. Some teams are even complaining about Aztec due to its very ct sided ways. But I think that since cs is the MAIN tourney here and it is DEFINATLY making the MWGL the most money, the people that play in that tourney need to step up and back up what they think the tourney should be run like. I know it’s good to have admins that run the show, BUT the admins should listen to the teams that play. Good teams at tourneys attract better teams. HENCE CPL. people from Germany wouldn’t fly over here to play teams that are not equal to them skill wise or better AND to play them on horrid maps. Good maps = good teams stay to play = more good teams come to play = more money for the mwgl = happy admins = well run tourneys = happy players = good times. NOW THATS A WIN WIN if you ask me

That’s my $.02 and now I would like to hear yours. But remember I only act like a jerk on forums because when you start an "argument" things get changed and people get involved
Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed.

Last edited by on 10-24-2002 at 07:45 AM

Old Post 10-24-2002 07:38 AM
mekk

quote:

quote:
I feel for you matt. I was head of main central in 1.3 - it sucked, but not nearly as bad as open would have.

I love being a CAL admin actually.

I agree with you john. However I feel chateau could be played that is a really fun map that you can strat.

Old Post 10-24-2002 08:33 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 10:44 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]