Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > Technical Support > Software > SlackWare
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

SlackWare quote:

OK... So I guess I'll toy around with this. Before I do I'll need tips, hint's, how-to's the whole nine yards.

Other than Gravity anyone else toyed with this?

And yes Grav... I will need to see a copy at the April event.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2004 10:31 AM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tech Doc
|MwGL| Member

quote:

I've played around with redhat, but not slackware. I'll send you a list of commands if you are going to do it through command line, if not these still might be useful.

Old Post 03-14-2004 04:49 PM
Tech Doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tech Doc Click here to Send Tech Doc a Private Message Click Here to Email Tech Doc Visit Tech Doc's homepage! Find more posts by Tech Doc Add Tech Doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snooggums
n00bie

quote:

Every command in slackware should have a nam page that explains itself. I'm installing it on my little box, but I've been using the Slax live CD on my windows machine to warm up. When you run the GUI it's basically like windows, as far as looks and use.

Old Post 03-14-2004 07:52 PM
snooggums is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snooggums Click here to Send snooggums a Private Message Click Here to Email snooggums Find more posts by snooggums Add snooggums to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gravity
|MwGL| Member

quote:

i will have the full copy available for you to have a copy at the next lan. after all it is freeware. i will also bring a copy of the slax live as i am getting that from snoog on monday. we can fiddle with it and see what happens.

Old Post 03-14-2004 08:42 PM
Gravity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gravity Click here to Send Gravity a Private Message Click Here to Email Gravity Find more posts by Gravity Add Gravity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

Sweet... thanks

Old Post 03-15-2004 10:19 AM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snooggums
n00bie

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tech Doc
I've played around with redhat, but not slackware. I'll send you a list of commands if you are going to do it through command line, if not these still might be useful.

unfortunaly RedHat uses some commands that others have differently named, althought he MAN pages ( I spelled that wrong before) will help guide you through it. Otherwise there are a crapload of chatrooms that help pepople adjust to the differences in the OS. Really once you load up the GUI it's hard to tell the difference.

Old Post 03-15-2004 01:31 PM
snooggums is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snooggums Click here to Send snooggums a Private Message Click Here to Email snooggums Find more posts by snooggums Add snooggums to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Overboard
D'oh!

quote:

I ran Slackware for over 10 years until I switched over to Red Hat during the latter part of last year.

I love(d) Slack and the only real reason I switched was due to my disdain with Slack's upgrade path (wipe and reload), as well as I was tiring of the entire installation procedure (package method).

Old Post 03-15-2004 05:49 PM
Overboard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Overboard Click here to Send Overboard a Private Message Visit Overboard's homepage! Find more posts by Overboard Add Overboard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 10:23 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]