Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > Midwest Area LAN PARTY - Central Missouri, May 21
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Elessar21CW
Disabled

Midwest Area LAN PARTY - Central Missouri, May 21 quote:

My name is John, and I'm on these forums to promote a large scale LAN party my friends and I are hosting on May 21st, this summer. This is only one month away and we are mad with preparation. For very specific details you can visit the site www.ownfest.com or contact me at jro8r4@umr.edu. Signup on the site and meet our members. Here's the quick:

0wnfest 2004
Expected Size: 50-75
Door Price: $10
Date: May 21, 2004

Tell your friends, we'd love to see as many Midwest Gaming League lanners there as possible - we don't know nearly as many of the other lanning communities as we should. Look forward to seeing you all, don't hesitate to contact for further details.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2004 12:00 AM
Elessar21CW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elessar21CW Click here to Send Elessar21CW a Private Message Click Here to Email Elessar21CW Find more posts by Elessar21CW Add Elessar21CW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Elassar,

Unfortunately, it is a little too far away for me to make it (I'm in Iowa City, IA), but good luck with the event. Hosting your first large scale LAN can be a pain in the ass, but it also is an ass-load of fun. Good Luck.

Old Post 04-06-2004 09:08 AM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

Hmm, I will see what I can do, I have no clue as to where Linn Missouri is.

I can only pray that this won't be a CS LAN, I have no idea how CS stays alive, not only do I think it's a skillless game and not much fun, but it seems to turn the people who play it into raging retards.

[/vent]

Old Post 04-06-2004 12:55 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pc_g0d
Mr. Motion Sickness

quote:

Linn Missouri is close to Jefferson City:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...y=Linn&state=MO

3 hours from downtown kansas city
2.5 hours from springfield
2 hours from st. louis

Wonder if they will have full internet access? Checked out their site...can't find anything. That is a nice central place for me to meet up with friends from stl and sprfld...but if there is no dedicated inet for us to play NWN on, then it wouldn't be near as fun for us.

pc_g0d

Old Post 04-06-2004 02:24 PM
pc_g0d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pc_g0d Click here to Send pc_g0d a Private Message Click Here to Email pc_g0d Find more posts by pc_g0d Add pc_g0d to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Elessar21CW
Disabled

quote:

I can answer a few of these.....Internet I'm not sure...CS, played but not dominant....I would say Q3, UT will probably dominate....It will be setup so that there are tourneys for different games that way people can play what they like and it won't just be like "ok I'm hosting a WC3 game who wants to play?" and you spend the next 3 hrs getting people to play...

Oh and it's not the first large one we've hosted, we've done 3 annual once so far with another local lanning group that were 40-50...

Hope to see you all there,
LSR

Old Post 04-06-2004 10:29 PM
Elessar21CW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elessar21CW Click here to Send Elessar21CW a Private Message Click Here to Email Elessar21CW Find more posts by Elessar21CW Add Elessar21CW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alucard
Disabled

quote:

Yah i dont think i am going 258miles for me and that is a long way for and 50 ppl land, Sorry about that man.

Pain is my love.
I am the god of death.
While you are waiting for you fate.
Would you dance with me?

Old Post 04-07-2004 08:36 AM
Alucard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alucard Click here to Send Alucard a Private Message Click Here to Email Alucard Find more posts by Alucard Add Alucard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

Wow! That's a long ways away. I'm afraid I will have to pass... you might get posted on lanparty.com, lots of people check that site.

Old Post 04-07-2004 11:32 AM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alucard
Disabled

quote:

so what are we doing to get more ppl to come, or are we just keeping it small for now?

Pain is my love.
I am the god of death.
Would you dance with me?

Old Post 04-08-2004 08:33 PM
Alucard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alucard Click here to Send Alucard a Private Message Click Here to Email Alucard Find more posts by Alucard Add Alucard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Elessar21CW
Disabled

quote:

I thought you said you're not going?....Are you talking about Ownfest? it's placed on several other sites...

Old Post 04-08-2004 10:57 PM
Alucard
Disabled

quote:

Elessar21CW
no man i was talking to my guyes about there lan

Pain is my love.
I am the god of death.
Would you dance with me?

Old Post 04-10-2004 09:20 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 02:37 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]