Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > RTS (Real Time Strategy) > Tips for the newbie
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
osco4311

Question Tips for the newbie quote:

I don't do much gamming, and when a I do it's mostly AOE... any hints/tips/etc.?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-09-2002 05:02 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Tip #1 - If your opponent is Rhikus Khan - resign from game as quickly as possible - you WILL die

Other tips - Mayans are a nice, quick race to play.
Quit AoE and pick up Empire Earth - IMHO, I think it's funner

Old Post 02-11-2002 06:00 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osco4311

quote:

Is this Rick, are are you just his personal bitch?

Old Post 02-11-2002 08:56 PM
Immolatus

quote:

if you're into the online gaming thing, there are a couple that are pretty nice as well, osco. ask me about them if you're interested. otherwise, pick up a game you can play with TIM (soon to be NS) at a lan party. that way, we can all have a good, fun time.

Old Post 02-16-2002 04:07 PM
osco4311

quote:

like what? btw, I'm going to districts in Extemp and pc Maint. (I beat dev out of 3rd by 2pts

Old Post 02-18-2002 07:30 PM
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Haha - I ain't nobody's bitch
For the most part I suck when it comes to RTS games, even though I love playing them. Everytime I've played Rick I get creamed big time.

Old Post 02-19-2002 04:52 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osco4311

quote:

Any tips for AOE?

Old Post 02-20-2002 09:55 PM
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

There is a a good site to download recorded games from some of the best in the world. Study them and that will help in your ability. The only other thing is to practice alot.

I have played with Rikus Khan and he is good. He is good only cause he plays alot.

here is that web address:
http://www.planetaoe.com/downloads/...s_experts.shtml

Old Post 03-09-2002 02:58 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir Raven
|MwGL| Mechwarrior

quote:

You basically have to get a good economy going early but still have millitary. Once in Feudal Ages it is common to have a small to med army built. Send some of them down to your enemy and mess with his resources.

When you buld military buildings build more than one. This will get your army built faster and if you upgrade on one you can still build with the other.

As you attack your opponent, make sure you have villagers available for repairs and to build as you move. This tech is effective cause if you have villagers building bombard towers or castles behind you as you fight, your enemy may become trapped or you become easiely defendable if your numbers get depleted.

I do play alltho i play alot of Empire Earth now. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Old Post 03-09-2002 03:09 PM
Sir Raven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sir Raven Click here to Send Sir Raven a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir Raven Visit Sir Raven's homepage! Find more posts by Sir Raven Add Sir Raven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ice

Red face quote:

Ive been playing AoE since about 98 so im pretty good, stratagies for this game are relitivly simple , this is y i moved to EE its a lil harder,

Conquerors:
1. NEVER play with the huns Good god is there any civ more noobieish?
2. Franks are nice, 450 stone for castle vs the usual 650 + throwing ax man :-)
3. Celts arent bad if u no how to use them
4. Myans and aztechs are HARD to learn, there probably the worst civ to use if ur reading this thread for help.
5. Persians, quite frankly suck yea i no warelephants have super high hits but hte civ still sux (ide own u in 15 min w/o rush)
6. The deffinition of rush is around 3-5 min, so whan u play me and say no rush and 10 min in u get smacked ITS NOT A RUSH
7. Fish with 10-15 fishing ships and traps (traps are much faster and use less space than farms) do this even if u dont need food (u can sell food or brybe ppl if the case presents itself)
8. If theres a large amount of water BUILD a navy im tired of watching ppl get killed by 3 cannon galeons
9. Watch, study, learn, live, breath, sleep AoE recorded games
10. Dont get utterly obsesed its bad (take a look at runescape.com thats a fun game alternate in between) (runescape is like DAOC but its java and free to play) and when i say its like ITS EXACTLY LIEK IT
AoE II:
1. buy the conquerors
2. buy the conquerors
3. buy the conquerors
4. buy the conquerors
5. buy the conquerors
6. Get it?
AoE:
1. shoot ur self in the foot

Old Post 11-27-2002 10:51 AM