Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > CS1.4 Comments
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Squirre1

Bink, Bink....

Oh Shit....

There is my 2 cents.... ;P

I dunno, man. My pennies always go clink clink. Those some type of foreign currency?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2002 10:31 AM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbh

quote:

Such a strong argument. Notice how he expertly incorporates the use of capital letters and punctuation? I'm not sure if I can come up with anything against him in that one...

-dbh

Old Post 04-28-2002 11:46 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SpankyPop

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Curve
Plainly stated, I really like it.

The jumping does not affect me one bit. I think it adds a nice little play of realism which adds an element of fun. I want someone to stand up right now and jump in one place and then around your house, we'll see how tired you get .
I've been playing CS since day 1, and I think every release just adds more. I'm still a faithful CSer

Yea maybe you curve but the rest of us are effected quite greatly by the jumping. I use jump as both an offense and a defensive tactic and while i agree that something needed to be done about bunny-hopping (well actually I really couldn't care less about it, only about 1/100 of cs'ers know how to do it, and the rest are just pissed because they can't figure it out - but ill be politically correct here and admit that it was unrealistic) I think they took it too far. one lil hop and your slowed down to like the speed you have when you gots the awp busted out. i dunno about you curvie but i can hop more than once and keep on running.
Other than that, i love it lots. the bomb planting thing needed to be done to keep bombs from being planted all over the place.
the spectator thingies are absoultly neat. hrm, what else. I too have been playing since beta one and I too believe that every new release is freaking orgasmic. but they took the jumping too far with this one. mad: Oh, and mods don't go crazy and ban me for being an ass to curve, I get to diss him, Iv'e known him for a few years now. moreover, nice forums yall's got here!

Old Post 05-01-2002 08:16 PM
SpankyPop

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnPilot
Actually comparing jumping and physical movement in track is perfect for any game, especially cs. In fact, bunny hopping is indeed a possibility, let me explain. During my 4 years of running track we had an exercise every year where we would attempt to "bound" around the entire track to increase endurance and explosion. For those who haven't heard of bounding what it basically is is a real life bunny hop. It is slower than running and faster than a walk, plus you make no where near the noise you would when running. Sure doing it around the entire track took some strength an no one hardly ever made it more than 300 meters without having to stop but it is possible, think at the end of my junior year I made it almost the full track with only a half second stop half way though. Anyway, it's really hard to describe bounding, but describing it as a real life bunny-hop is the best way. I guess you could describe it as doing a lay-up style(with a little more emphasis on height) jump then landing on the opposite foot only to jump right back off that foot the same way. I'm not sure the distance runners did it much but they probably did it a couple times so Anthos should be able to second me on this.

To answer Wingfoot, no, no q3 for me I will probably go Jedi Knight 2 then UT 2003 if anything.

Yea and no normal human could do this right? without lots and lots of hard, anarobic and areobic exercie right? the kinda exercise that you might expect then you join the seals? maybe?

Old Post 05-01-2002 08:20 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Don't worry Spanky we won't ban you, especially when you pretty much agree with us. And everyone loves to mess with Curve so we won't hold that against you either Seriously though, have you guys ever watched the Navy Seal special they run on cable? (I can't remember the channel, but it's one of the informative ones) Anyway they show their training and how demanding it is. I'm sure that after what they are put through they could probably jump serveral times without losing speed, while in full gear at that.

Old Post 05-01-2002 09:40 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fyre
|MwGL| Prodigal Son

quote:

I donno man, i could go for a good banning right now spanky! lol, jk. I've been playing CS 1.4 addictively becuase cs has that quality, but i have learned a good few of new tactics that kick butt. They're basically 1.0 tactics melded with 1.3, basically, you crouch walk while shooting, strafe/hop to the side and crouch back the opposite way, i usually get random headshots, and if i dont, i kill em soon enough just by their crappy aim, I usually get 24% or more accuracy(Found this out by a server mod(Statsme 2.1) its really cool. But ive grown to like 1.4, but 1.0 is still the best version of CS they ever released.(Oh, and the spec. kix butt too )

Fyre|MwGL|

Old Post 05-02-2002 08:43 PM
Fyre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fyre Click here to Send Fyre a Private Message Click Here to Email Fyre Visit Fyre's homepage! Find more posts by Fyre Add Fyre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curve
Forum Geek

quote:

I'm so banning Spanky.

Old Post 05-08-2002 12:26 PM
Curve is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curve Click here to Send Curve a Private Message Click Here to Email Curve Visit Curve's homepage! Find more posts by Curve Add Curve to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fyre
|MwGL| Prodigal Son

quote:

lol, how mean of you.

Old Post 05-08-2002 03:18 PM
Fyre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fyre Click here to Send Fyre a Private Message Click Here to Email Fyre Visit Fyre's homepage! Find more posts by Fyre Add Fyre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

quote:

Now that 1.5 is out, what do you think of it...

Old Post 06-28-2002 02:47 PM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Same as 1.4.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 06-28-2002 04:13 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fyre
|MwGL| Prodigal Son

quote:

nothing new, but i've been addict of beta 4, with the leet models, and bunny hopping, strafe jumping, all the good things, lol, i play 1.5 with my friends every now and then, but we need more beta 4 servers!

Old Post 06-28-2002 09:41 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 01:34 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]