Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > RPG (Role Playing) > Hellgate: London Anticipation Thread - This game is going to be HUGE!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

Hellgate: London Anticipation Thread - This game is going to be HUGE! quote:

"When we were coming up with the concept for the game, the merging of Half Life 2 and Diablo 2 was common shorthand."
- Bill Roper, Flagship Studios

The visionary designers behind the Diablo series are at it again!

History lesson from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagship_Studios:
"Flagship Studios was formed to a large extent because of the frustration among Blizzard employees from the communication problems between Blizzard Entertainment and their parent company Vivendi Universal."

Taken from pc.ign.com:
"Hellgate: London combines the depth of role-playing games and action of first-person titles, while offering infinite playability with randomly created levels, items and events. The player creates a heroic character, completes quests and battles through innumerable hordes of demons to advance through experience levels and branching skill paths. A robust, flexible skill and spell system, highly customizable appearances and a massive variety of randomly generated equipment allow players to create their own unique hero."

Great FAQ and information about the game:
http://www.hellgateguru.com/unofficialfaq.php - FAQ
http://www.hellgateguru.com/ - Great Resource

Incredible insight into the making of the game (Developer Diaries):
http://pc.ign.com/articles/610/610199p1.html - May 4, 2005 on Randomization
http://pc.ign.com/articles/624/624502p1.html - June 10, 2005 on Templar Class
http://pc.ign.com/articles/635/635827p1.html - July, 22, 2005 on Animation
http://pc.ign.com/articles/654/654720p1.html - September 29, 2005 on Programming
http://pc.ign.com/articles/680/680548p1.html - January 10, 2006 on Sound

Gameplay Movies:

http://www.ingame.de/filebase/index...id=555&fid=2891
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hell...ndon/media.html

Oh, and by the way all ranged weapons have infinite ammo, online play will be mostly Co-Op, they are designing an online interface like battle.net, and online play will be FREE!

I know this game may be a loooong way off, but I am going to be there at launch and I was so excited about this game I wanted to put all the information I know of out there for everyone to see.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2006 04:15 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

I spent a lot of time on this thread and you jerks need to post in it.

Old Post 02-09-2006 05:47 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Wow, this looks cool. Can't wait. The anticipation is killing me.

Old Post 02-09-2006 06:48 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Sorry, it just sounded like Neverwinter Nights with a new graphics engine to me.

Old Post 02-10-2006 10:19 AM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

Uhm... sounds great... can't wait..

Woo hoo... :: insert random fanboism noises ::

Old Post 02-10-2006 12:10 PM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kagato
Sorry, it just sounded like Neverwinter Nights with a new graphics engine to me.

NwN is a turn based/real time hybrid using DnD rules, this is a role-playing FPS that is basically diablo crossed with half life.

I have no idea how you could say that.

Old Post 02-11-2006 04:45 AM
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Reflex
I have no idea how you could say that.

"infinite playability with randomly created levels, items and events." ... yeah, me neither, dunno what I was thinking

Old Post 02-13-2006 11:32 AM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kagato
"infinite playability with randomly created levels, items and events." ... yeah, me neither, dunno what I was thinking

What? NeverWinterNights didn't have anything randomly created... have you actually played the game? I was a module developer for about a year and a half for it, and nothing whatsoever is "random"

edit:

Last edited by Reflex on 02-14-2006 at 12:45 AM

Old Post 02-14-2006 12:42 AM
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Hmmm, looks pretty darn interesting. We'll have to keep an eye on this one, though it looks like we'll be waiting another year.

Old Post 02-14-2006 09:59 AM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

I tend to have a different thought process on things, must have been all those paint chips I ate as a child . I've always seen NWN as "random" to the degree that most of the servers I ever played on were each a little bit different. Now I realize that a GM crafted environment is not quite the same as a game that generates things every time it's run, a'la Diablo, but still lends itself to the same "infinite playability".

Old Post 02-14-2006 01:49 PM
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

Hmm, sorry for ripping into you about it.

I have been really grumpy lately and I don't know why...

Maybe I'm pregnant?

Old Post 02-15-2006 12:20 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Must be your time of the month

Old Post 02-16-2006 09:29 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Hm......

Old Post 04-17-2006 02:03 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Hotness.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 04-26-2006 09:36 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 09:28 PM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]