Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > Mizzouri's next LAN
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mizzouri
and 5 other from another LAN group

Who would that be?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-31-2004 03:12 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

One of the guys I know from another group in Sprint holds LAN events at his house. His name is Ben Fuller. I just thought it'd be fun to have our team vs theirs. I'm trying to give them the last slot, then we'd only have to move 1 of our guys over there to be an 8 vs 8.

Kyle, you are referring to the Friday night of Oct 8 into Saturday morning, correct? I'd rather have it on a Saturday night if possible.

Old Post 08-31-2004 04:50 PM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

That would work too, I just wouldn't be able to play as late into Saturday night. I have the RenFest going on on Sunday already (and Rick and Brian may be going too) that I need to head out in the morning to. So, I know that if I want to get up and make it without draggin ass all day, I need to get some sleep on Saturday night / Sunday early morning.

My thought was if we could start on Friday night, I can play all the way through to Saturday late. I also mentioned (I think to Brian, but may have been Rick) that if you have something going on at your place and can't host that weekend, I would try to find someplace we can rent out for that time, and pony up for that if needs be. (although if we have a free place to play, that is always preferable)

It is your house we are talking about, so whatever works best for you is what we will do. I will be down that Thursday night or Friday morning, so if it is an issue of needing help to set up, I can also help with that. I got all the time in the world that day.

Old Post 08-31-2004 05:19 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Or, even a Saturday day LAN would work. Where we start at 8 or 9 in the morning or so, and play until late Saturday night. With people taking cat naps and sleep times during an overnight, it almost works out to the same amount of overall gaming time.

Maybe we could all get together for breakfast even that morning and then head over to your place to set up and play. If necessary, some of us could come over Friday night and just help you set up the area, and then we could go catch a movie, or leave you alone for wife faction time.

Old Post 08-31-2004 05:22 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Let me check with Kelly, but it sounds like Friday night might be the winner. I'd like to tag along to RenFest as well.

Old Post 09-01-2004 12:28 AM
Mizzouri is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mizzouri Click here to Send Mizzouri a Private Message Click Here to Email Mizzouri Find more posts by Mizzouri Add Mizzouri to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WaRMaN
Administrator

quote:

Put me down for the "good guys." What is show time? I need to know if I need to take leave or not.....

Old Post 09-01-2004 12:29 AM
WaRMaN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WaRMaN Click here to Send WaRMaN a Private Message Click Here to Email WaRMaN Visit WaRMaN's homepage! Find more posts by WaRMaN Add WaRMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

We're gonna start around 5ish and go til people drop (7am or so). We are now full! BY the way, since Kirk is not going to be there we will not be playing MS Combat Sim.

Old Post 09-01-2004 12:31 AM
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

If I could get a ride from someone, I will but them a 12 pack of thier choice, and also be eternally grateful.

Old Post 09-01-2004 05:59 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

How about a specific location for those of us who haven't been there yet?

Old Post 09-02-2004 02:08 AM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

Talking I'll do it quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Reflex
If I could get a ride from someone, I will but them a 12 pack of thier choice, and also be eternally grateful.

Yo man, I'll give ya a ride. Send me an e-mail with your address and we can make arrangements for transportation.

Philip

Old Post 09-02-2004 04:07 PM
Mojo_jojo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mojo_jojo Click here to Send Mojo_jojo a Private Message Click Here to Email Mojo_jojo Visit Mojo_jojo's homepage! Find more posts by Mojo_jojo Add Mojo_jojo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WaRMaN
Administrator

quote:

quote:
Other than trying to even the teams, which is going to be very difficult this time, what else did you like? What would you change? I think for me, the biggest change that could be made is to announce the maps before game day. I've been pretty busy so that may or may not happen at this event. I'll try to make that happen at the October event.

I just got done playing the new Urban Terror for Quake 3! You gotta get the patch!Here is the FULL mod v3.7.

If you don't have time to say what exact maps you want to use, can you at least tell us your favorites so I can get somewhat used to them. That would rock!

Maybe we can get some practice in at the First Sunday Computer Expo. I am kinda curious how it will look under new ownership.

Old Post 09-02-2004 05:51 PM
WaRMaN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WaRMaN Click here to Send WaRMaN a Private Message Click Here to Email WaRMaN Visit WaRMaN's homepage! Find more posts by WaRMaN Add WaRMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mizzouri
Super Moderator

quote:

Unfortunately I haven't played the game much myself. If you, or anyone else has any favorites let me know.

Old Post 09-03-2004 12:35 AM
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

quote:

i am planning on being at the sunday event. I don't think I have a switch to bring along, but don't they sell those sort of things at Best Buy? Ha Ha Ha

Ok, back to business, I think as a team we will need some time to play together since it has been a while for us to play together. I don't think it will much fun to have smack-down put upon us at our own home?? Nope, no fun at all. When we have the homefield advantage, it is we who should be putting the smack down. Not them.

Come on guys, let's try to meet up on Sunday.

Later
Philip

Old Post 09-03-2004 10:12 AM
Mojo_jojo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mojo_jojo Click here to Send Mojo_jojo a Private Message Click Here to Email Mojo_jojo Visit Mojo_jojo's homepage! Find more posts by Mojo_jojo Add Mojo_jojo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mojo_jojo
|MwGL| Official

Talking Final Tally quote:

quote:
We're gonna start around 5ish and go til people drop (7am or so). We are now full! BY the way, since Kirk is not going to be there we will not be playing MS Combat Sim.

Hey Mizzouri,

Would you please post a final tally sheet of the people that you know are coming? I was wondering who on our side is going to be there and who on the other side is going to be there.

Thanks man,

Philip

Old Post 09-03-2004 03:40 PM
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

Shit, I want to come Sunday but I just figured out I will need a ride then too.

Sigh, I need to get off my ass and get a car.

edit: Phil, I'm trying to mail you my address, but the MWGL server seems to be crapping the bed again.

46 Dockside, Lake Tapawingo MO 64015
816-220-8554

Old Post 09-03-2004 05:20 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 07:10 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]