Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Up and Coming [EDITED]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

Up and Coming quote:

<hr>EDIT ---
Well, as Warman so politely reminded me, I forgot to include links to our own file area for the download...silly me. Here's the patch; and here's the demo.<hr>

Seeing as the multi-player demo is now the second most played online FPS, it makes sense to add this forum. I imagine this game will be huge once it comes out. It may even be bigger than Counter-Strike (no flames, please; just an observation). It's got great variety, as well as a massive amount of depth to the game. If you haven't tried the demo yet, go here and follow a mirror to get the demo, as well as the patch. I mean, how many demos to you see get enough attention to actually get a patch, due to the sheer amount of people playing it? The final game has gone gold, so you can expect it in stores within the next week. Also, with the patch coming out just a few days ago for the demo, I imagine there will be a release patch not too far in our future, as well. That's just a guess on my part, though. Release date of September 11, 2002 (if that's not ominous), according to Gone Gold

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-06-2002 12:48 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Heh, I've seen comments ranging from "you're a moron if you think this game is fun or worth your money" to "OMG - this game ownz CS". I personally have been playing it non-stop (time permitting) since I downloaded the MP Demo a few weeks ago. The only problem I've had is finding a game where people are actually trying to defend the island rather than just hoping in the closest vehicle and having fun - granted I find myself wanting to hop into one of the tanks and traversing the island from one end to another - they're just so much fun when handled right. One thing I remembered quickly was that you have to press 9 to open the parachute when you bail outta the plane. Can't count the number of times I did a 10G nosedive into the ground *SMACK*

Old Post 09-06-2002 02:43 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

This game plays similar to tribes, all though the vehicles are a lot cooler, and I think that wake map is larger than any tribes map I've seen. Its got a few quirks to it and the infantry weapons are kind of goofy. This is definatly one that is going to be better with large organized teams.

Old Post 09-06-2002 03:00 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

I have heard rumors that the infantry weapons got tweaked a little with the new patch making them work better. Haven't had a chance to find out though since the night the new patch came out all the 1.1 servers were full and over half the servers still hadn't upgraded. Been to busy since then to know for sure.

Old Post 09-06-2002 04:09 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnPilot
I have heard rumors that the infantry weapons got tweaked a little with the new patch making them work better. Haven't had a chance to find out though since the night the new patch came out all the 1.1 servers were full and over half the servers still hadn't upgraded. Been to busy since then to know for sure.
From what I've heard, it's mostly the up close combat and the bolt-action rifles that people have said actually work better. Apparently the sniper rifle can actually hit from further away at moving targets now, too. I haven't really noticed a difference, I don't think. I do like the changes that I have noticed in the patch, mainly the text and in-game browser. I have been getting Gold Medal pretty much every time I'm in a game now. I don't know if I'm just playing with n00bs, or what. Probably. KaiserRoll should know how lethal I am when I'm on the other team...lol...long as he's not shooting me down in my damn plane.

Old Post 09-06-2002 04:49 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Heh, So that WAS you! I love how they done the anti-aircraft guns. I think they have tweaked the rifles. After shooting down Anthos' plane and watchin him float down to the water. They are definatly dangerous for quite a distance now.

I just wish I could remember how many times I shot you down.. man..

Last edited by KaiserRoll on 09-06-2002 at 06:24 PM

Old Post 09-06-2002 06:21 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

I just want it so that I don't miss a guy when I am point blanking him in the back with my Bar. Usually when this happens he wheels around after I empty my entire clip into his back and kills me in one shot. I read in a forums on a Battlefield specific site that this was a known glitch or something and was hoping it had been fixed. Basically had something to do with hit accuracy on a moving target. This has been one of the only 2 things that have upset me about the game. The other thing is that it won't recognize my dang rudder on my new joystick. That is the one thing that I am missing from making me a terror in the skies.

Old Post 09-06-2002 06:45 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Yeah. Actually, maybe you should ask the dimwit on KaiserRoll's team about how lethal I am....lol...I got called a cheater and the game's not even out...lol...

Kaiser, I only specifically recall you shooting me down twice, but that's about as many times as I got in a plane, so your percentage was pretty good .

Burn, I think that first thing is taken care of. I seem to be able to hit much better with the assault rifles now.

Old Post 09-06-2002 07:00 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

AAHHHHH!!!!!! I updated my joystick drivers and tried to get my rudder to work. To my surprise it recognized it right off. I then joined a game to try it out. Got in a plane and didn't move.. What the heck??? Now the game doesn't recognize the actual throttle. Dang this ticks me off.

Old Post 09-06-2002 07:42 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

I coulda swore I shot you down more than twice, I remember 3 times specifically, and one where you bailed.. but I was shooting pretty much the same people down over and over.. I just wish i could find a good server.

Old Post 09-06-2002 07:57 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Oh, well I wasn't counting the time that I bailed. Technically, you didn't shoot me down that time .

Burn, you need a simpler joystick...lol...I picked up a M$ $idewinder today and it works wonderful. I can actually fly without crashing now and I'm getting better at bombing targets. I almost landed on the carrier, too. Just tipped off the edge, because I forgot which button made me slow down.

Old Post 09-06-2002 07:59 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Wooohooooo!!! the guns are so much better now I love it. Logged on and played one map and in no time I had turned my team around and was leading. Unfortunately they still didn't listen so we lost by something like 10 tickets. At least I can kill things with my gun now. Will just have to work more on the joystick later.

Old Post 09-06-2002 08:17 PM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

You all ought to set up a server or something before it comes out, for like, a good game where everybody isnt just trying to crash planes into people.

Also: Yes Anthos is very nasty if he gets close enough.

Old Post 09-06-2002 09:42 PM
BuZzZz

Talking ummm... Yeah.. quote:

I played it but it was the single player mission, it was cool but no plains, sounds like the plains are cool, is the multi in the single player or do you have to get it seprate!!! also any one know how much the games gona cost??? the game was overall fun, and the bots were pretty smart! the only thing i didnt like for some reason, i kept dieing, like a sniper or what not!!

ITS COOL THOUGH!!!

Later

Old Post 09-09-2002 09:18 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Yes, they are separate. The game will cost around $45-$50. As for dieing too much, that takes practice to not do as often.

Old Post 09-09-2002 09:41 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 04:53 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]