Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > GuildWars E3 for Everyone
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gameweasels
Disabled

GuildWars E3 for Everyone quote:

Hey, if you’re not attending E3 in Los Angeles, grab the GuildWars “E3 for Everyone” free alpha.

This free trial of the GuildWars alpha runs May 12 – May 14. Download link:

http://www.guildwars.com/e3-2004/e3...t-download.html.

For those that don’t know, ArenaNet is a company founded by former senior Blizzard staff members, including the

creator of Battle.net, the lead designer of StarCraft, and the original lead designers of World

of Warcraft and of Warcraft III. Here’s a screenie:

PsioniX
Gameweasels

==========================================

Currently working on: GuildWars

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2004 10:26 PM
Gameweasels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gameweasels Click here to Send Gameweasels a Private Message Click Here to Email Gameweasels Find more posts by Gameweasels Add Gameweasels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Its worth a shot. It's a lot more of a preview than most other mmorpgs like to give out.

Old Post 05-11-2004 11:00 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

I swore I'd never play an mmorpg...

Why oh why did I click the link....

*back to hunting Crimson Devourers for their shells*

Old Post 05-12-2004 05:19 AM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

This is a pretty slick game. I just may be playing a mmorpg afterall.

Old Post 05-12-2004 08:00 AM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KCShadowDragon
I swore I'd never play an mmorpg...

Why oh why did I click the link....

*back to hunting Crimson Devourers for their shells*

Heh, tell me about it - fortunately I didn't get drawn into Lineage II after it launched, but I'm thinking my life is over again if I get picked for EQ II

Old Post 05-12-2004 11:01 AM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

It's really quite excellent. I have earned 17 skill points and have some of the best eq around, I'm having a blast.

Old Post 05-12-2004 02:49 PM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

The game is worth looking into when it moves out into retail. Especially because of the no monthly fee thing. We might almost have to start an mwgl guild or something.

Old Post 05-14-2004 11:35 AM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tek
Disabled

quote:

I played the trial period... it was terrible. I got a headache playing it. For one, it felt more like Diablo II than an immersive RPG. Two, all the classes and races were just regurgitated. The trial period didn't offer any customization, which was disappointing. The quest system is way too structured and breaks the flow of the game, and the graphics aren't as good as the screenshots insist.

This game had better have a whole lot of content ready because everything in the trial period was bad, especially the quest system.

Old Post 06-20-2004 05:12 PM
Tek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tek Click here to Send Tek a Private Message Click Here to Email Tek Find more posts by Tek Add Tek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

No customization?

I was running around in fab all green perfectly matching armor with 3 different version of the same weapon.. each colored for my current mood.

Granted... I had to work my ASS off. But it was worth the reward.

Old Post 06-20-2004 07:28 PM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

It was an alpha, alpha usually means lacking a lot of content. I'm pretty sure it will have plenty when it is released.

Old Post 06-20-2004 11:52 PM
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
It was an alpha, alpha usually means lacking a lot of content. I'm pretty sure it will have plenty when it is released.

It was made by a bunch of people who left Blizzard.
Kaiser is right. That test was about 9 months before the release date.
I have been looking forward to this game for a long time.

Old Post 06-21-2004 03:56 AM
Reflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reflex Click here to Send Reflex a Private Message Click Here to Email Reflex Find more posts by Reflex Add Reflex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tek
Disabled

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KaiserRoll
I know it was an Alpha, but everything in the Alpha was inherently bad. Especially the quest system, which is probably going to be kept in the end. That was the worst part.

Old Post 06-21-2004 12:43 PM
Tek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tek Click here to Send Tek a Private Message Click Here to Email Tek Find more posts by Tek Add Tek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

It wasn't bad, you just didn't like it.

I want to try it again when it comes out.

Old Post 06-21-2004 04:12 PM
Reflex
Baron von Blubba

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Tek
I know it was an Alpha, but everything in the Alpha was inherently bad. Especially the quest system, which is probably going to be kept in the end. That was the worst part.

The quest system = Same as any other MMORPG minus the walking across the world. Plus, you could even walk across the world if you wanted to, you didn't have to use the shortcuts.

Old Post 06-21-2004 05:16 PM
Tek
Disabled

quote:

I thought me not liking the trial was kind of inferred... yea.

So in other MMORPG's you're teleported into a moderately large area with other people, grouped, and then sent out alone with said group to a specific location seemingly removed from the world to do a specific job then sent back regardless of success to the same spot to group with other people or move on? If it is, then I'm glad I haven't played other MMORPG's, as the structured form of those missions totally breaks the idea that you're in a large world that you can explore. It's more like Diablo II... but bigger.

Old Post 06-21-2004 08:53 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 04:15 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]