Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > 02-08-2003 MwGL Follow-Up
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

02-08-2003 MwGL Follow-Up quote:

I would like to get feedback on everyone on how they think this event went and what they think could have been changed to make it better...

Thanks for any comments guys....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2003 11:57 AM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will_T

Cool D: quote:

my hamburger was kinda crunchy CS tourney went really smoothly, can't think of any complaints. Although, you shouldn't let that RCS team come back damn cheaters

Old Post 02-12-2003 12:31 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Readily avaible water of decent quality would be good.. actual drinking water or something.. yea.. soda just don't cut it.

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:23 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NeoSempai

quote:

Drinks are fine how they are... I personally love the unlimited soda...and there is drinking water... there's a water fountain in the back.. that water is always cold and made only for drinking.. cant beat that... free bawls would be sweet but not feasible... anyhoot... great event... dont make the next one so far from now :-)

~sempai

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:38 PM
Nickster

lots of fun quote:

that was my first mwgl event. it was a lot of fun. good competition and most people were civil even in the middle of a 10 round losing streak.... the unlimited pop owned...i musta had like 20 of them. had to pee a lot...for the next even could you supply everyone will gallon jugs? that way we could all just piss from our chairs and everyong would get in more fraggin... ok im just kidding about that... thanks to everyone that helped me get my computer going at the beginning. i dont know what the deal was...everything went wrong from the start ok well...good event, good people, good food. i cant wait for the next one!

cheers,

nickster
a.k.a. doOd
a.k.a. Nickster[KEG]

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:54 PM
sungrex

quote:

Honestly, this is the first lan I have been to. I enjoyed how everything was and if I was to attend another I would like it to run the same as this one. The staff and almost all players were friendly and the whole process was smooth. I would like to ask that next time could we prepay the monitor rental in advance with registration that way we are guaranteed a monitor. I brought my own this last time but in the future I would rather just rent one from MWGL and not have to worrry about dragging mine around. Thanks for the chance to add feed back.

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:55 PM
Cousteau

quote:

Joda, Kenkad and me (Cousteau) enjoy making the trip from Iowa City. We always feel welcome and truly enjoy the MWGL staff and the facility. I know it's not easy to put on events like this and the amount of work makes for an exhausting weekend. It is a good thing that you guys offset the lethargic nature of the event by adhering to a strenuous exercise regime during the week!

Seriously, the food is great, the bottomless drinks are great, but the door prizes are a bit cheese laden (how about giving away blank CD-R's, mouse pads, computer related stuff, instead of Spawn figurines?)

Keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you guys again, and we may even be able to bring a couple more from Iowa City next time!

Old Post 02-12-2003 02:55 PM
Sagegoku

quote:

the bathrooms were kinda narsty. lmao nickster

Old Post 02-12-2003 04:17 PM
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

quote:
I would rather just rent one from MWGL and not have to worrry about dragging mine around

We're working on adding that to the registration - time ran out this time to get it done in time - although they are not our monitors per se, they are actually rented by Universal LAN. The money goes directly to them for the rental, not to us, but it is a great service they provide by doing so, I just hope they add a few more to the availability list, heh. Every time I attend an event there, I'm definately try to get one rented, not having to lug around my 19" more than easily makes it worth the $8.

Old Post 02-12-2003 04:24 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SamKlink

quote:

This was my second event at UniversalLan, and my first MWGL event. Everything ran smoothely, and it's been along time since I slept so soundly afterwards
Thanks to the guys who brought their Dreamcast too. watching Rez was about the only thing keeping me sane for while there too. Great event, can't wait for the next one, only thing I would change is the food prices (i.e., cheaper)

Old Post 02-12-2003 05:26 PM
s3rv3radm3n

it was great quote:

that was my second mwgl event that i attended. it was just as great as the first one. the only suggestion i have is if you get 20 big bags of chips so there is some free food.. kinda like the universal lan event. sides that, everything was awesome and i have no complaints

Old Post 02-13-2003 06:55 AM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

Re: it was great quote:

quote:
Originally posted by s3rv3radm3n
the only suggestion i have is if you get 20 big bags of chips so there is some free food..
Errm.....you had two whole meals....

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 02-13-2003 08:31 AM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mekk

quote:

The CS tournament was ran really well this time. Great job to Anthos and the rest of the server admin team. I have a few suggestions I would like to give you for the next event.

1. HLTV - I love watching HLTV demos and I'm sure a lot of the other people attending the LAN do as well. It would be nice if HLTV was in every match and people on the LAN could watch it and then a demo would be taken and posted on http://www.mwgl.org. You can record HLTV demos from command line by typing record RCSvATR and when complete with the match typing stoprecord. This could also work for UT2K3 only take a spectator demo instead of HLTV.

2. Restart Script - It makes it extremely easy on the admins if you have a restart script installed. All you have to do from console is type exec restart.cfg and the match is live. I wrote one for the CPL which you can find here: http://mekk.net/cal/restart.cfg

3. Intranet Brackets - Post the CS/UT brackets on an intranet site so we can see them. On that site also have the tournament rules this might make it easier for people to find out who they are playing next, which side they are, and what the tournament rules are.

4. Scrim Servers - Maybe have some scrim servers or public dedicated servers so clans can pratice and pub on good stable servers.

Let me know if I can be of help with anything regarding the tournaments I would be more than willing if you need it.

Old Post 02-14-2003 11:14 AM
TappeR

quote:

more watching who goes out of the building or something to make sure that property thieft isnt an issie. other then that good time guys

Old Post 02-17-2003 02:37 PM
-TK-

quote:

computer related stuff, instead of Spawn figurines?)

NO SHIT!!! I know that some of you are into Spawn and all. But personally I think that is just a waste of money to give those away as prizes. Why not just take that $20 or whatever you spent on that shit and give away somthing good.

Old Post 02-17-2003 04:09 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 05:37 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]