Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > RPG (Role Playing) > KotOR
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

KotOR quote:

Ok, I know Anthos is playing this game and I just got it. Only a little ways into it and all I can say is wow. Only problem so far is getting used to the control setup, but other than that it's pretty amazing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-25-2003 08:41 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Yeah. Make that double-wow. The controls are pretty simple, if you set them up the way you're used to; although, it's sort of like EQ, in that you don't use your mouse like you would in FPS games. Maybe that's why I found it pretty easy to adapt. I did have a bit of trouble when I first played EQ, but I'm used to it now.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 11-26-2003 09:34 AM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Well I adjusted my controls so that they are a little better now. I wanted to set them up like in Galaxies (since that's what I play 90% of the time now) but wasn't able to get them exactly the same. For some reason it wouldn't let me assign my movement to the arrow keys, but I got them close enough to work.

That being said though, I can tolerate having to adapt to slightly different controls. This game is possibly the best I have played all year (and with how disappointed it I was with the Deus Ex: Invis War demo it will probably end up being the best by a lot). Seriously, I sugest that anyone who enjoys rpgs or Star Wars checks it out. If you like them both, then you will be in gaming heaven. I've had 3 crashes and don't care, the game is that good.

Old Post 11-26-2003 01:25 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

I would say it's probably about the best I've ever played, so far. The sheer versatility of the game is incredible. The graphics are amazing; and the story line so far is intriguing. What more can you want? I've had a couple of crashes, too, but it's not irritating enough to make me quit Plus, it's Star Wars

Old Post 11-26-2003 04:06 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

I'd considered picking it up a couple times, unfortunately FF XI has consumed all my free time and even helped me finally kick the EverQuest habit Shame I went from one MMORPG to another

Old Post 11-27-2003 09:49 AM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Wow, this game continues to impress. I have now made it off the the starting planet of Taris, thru the rolling hills of Dantooine, and the towering trees of Kashyyyk(or as I like to call it "Wookiee World", it's kind of like Disney world, only furrier) to the dunes of Tatooine. Each planet is so unique in layout. Tatooine appears to be just one big map of endless desert, unlike Kashyyyk for example that was narrow paths thru the trees. Was just in awe of the layout and felt I had to share

Old Post 12-01-2003 09:51 AM
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

This game feels like a NWN rip off with star wars elements to me. It's fun, but not terribly unique.

Old Post 12-26-2003 01:02 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Um. Yeah. Okay.

Old Post 12-26-2003 03:32 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 02:27 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]