Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Questions and Comments > New Tournament Ideas
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

New Tournament Ideas quote:

The purpose of this thread is to see what new tournaments you guys would like to see at MwGL events. Please note that this is in an effort to keep things fresh and exciting. My current suggestion is Jedi Knight II 2v2. Please post and let us know of what tournies you guys would like to see if we were to add new ones. Please keep in mind the time requirement for whatever you recommend, as much as I would like to see an RTS tourney it won't happen because it would take too long. Anyway, post away guys.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2002 04:32 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiTyBaNG

quote:

Aw, man... No WC3

Old Post 04-28-2002 01:05 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Jedi Knight Duel format, Saber only with force- 2 kills per match 3 matches or so for a win.

Last edited by KaiserRoll on 04-28-2002 at 02:28 PM

Old Post 04-28-2002 02:23 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devilon

quote:

Medal of Honor - 5v5 objective matches.

Old Post 04-29-2002 08:43 PM
PingGan

Talking Return To Castle Wolfenstein Roxxx!! quote:

I think u guys should go LAN party for RTCW as well... cause i cant hold it anymore to go LAN party 4 it...and im sure it will be the BEST party for MWGL...cause its a GAME OF THE YEAR... ...its just a suggestion anyway... well...hope to hear it soon... Jaw0hL!!

Old Post 08-07-2002 06:11 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Hmm... maybe we should have a poll to see which would get a better turn out since we only need one full team tourney. Medal of Honor or Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Wanna put it up Squirre1?

Old Post 08-08-2002 12:36 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

quote:

Send me a email of the question and the answers for the poll and I will post it....

Old Post 08-08-2002 12:29 PM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WaRMaN
Administrator

quote:

Lets not forget SoF 2. I can't believe you CS guys haven't tried this game! They are even converting CS maps for SoF 2. The modes rock and the physics/graphics are much better IMO.

Old Post 08-09-2002 08:41 AM
WaRMaN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WaRMaN Click here to Send WaRMaN a Private Message Click Here to Email WaRMaN Visit WaRMaN's homepage! Find more posts by WaRMaN Add WaRMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

quote:

I still have yet to install that ROFL.... Way to busy...

Old Post 08-09-2002 09:05 AM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PingGan

Talking Jawohl!! quote:

hallo... heheee....yeahh...i think u should put a poll here.. hmmm...about ghaphics...i think RTCW better.. http:// Jawohl!!!

Old Post 08-09-2002 11:26 PM
BuZzZz

Talking Don't Forget About UT!!! quote:

Unreal T!!!!!! all the way!!! its the best!!! also jedi knight 2 is pretty dang good!!! but also what about unreal 2003 thats coming out hopefully real soon!!!!! that would be a great tourny, but being sence most peoples pc couldnt handle it from what i have read!!! including mine!! sucks!!!!

i just hope we have a tourny soon!!!!

so much fun!!!!

Later

Old Post 09-09-2002 09:07 PM
EwKSnipistPlaya

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TiTyBaNG
Aw, man... No WC3

Awwwww WC3 owns

Old Post 10-09-2002 07:58 PM
Mr.Sparkle

quote:

I'd like a wc3 tournament aswell, and depending on how many participants, it could take 2-3 hours max. Time to throw out some numbers:
experienced players can get done with one match in 20 minutes max if not sooner, however less experienced players can take upto 35 minutes. To have multiple rounds in each match would indeed take too much time, so single elimination one round matches would be the most logical.
With lets say 8 players (I doubt there would be anymore), that would mean 3 rounds of 1 match single elimination. If each match per round was played at the same time, we are talking about a maximum of 35-40 minutes per round, multiplied by 3 rounds and we have roughly 2 hours. If you still think 2-3 hours is too much for a tournement, then so be it, but kcbd was able to pull it off within such time although then again both lan parties operate a bit differently.
Mr.Sparkle

Old Post 10-10-2002 09:08 AM
bobdoletha1

quote:

I'd participate in a wc3 1v1, 2v2, or ffa tourney.

I'd participate in a UT2K3 1v1 DM, 2v2 BR, 3v3 BR tourney

I'd participate in a cs 2v2 or 5v5 tourney

I'd participate in a 2v2 or 3v3 jk2 ctf tourney

I might participate in a q3 1v1 or 2v2 tdm, but only if i was bored.

Just wanted to give my input

Old Post 10-15-2002 12:25 PM
EwKSnipistPlaya

quote:

If we do a 5 v 5 in Counter-Strike.. I will need 3 more people. Lemme know if you don't have a team for a 5 vs. 5

Old Post 10-15-2002 03:48 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 10:32 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]