Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > Misc. > What's Your Favorite Video Game?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
jayson18
Disabled

What's Your Favorite Video Game? quote:

Hey everybody,

I recently caught a few ads on Spike TV for their upcoming Video Game Awards (it airs Dec. 14th but I'm not sure what time, check out their website if you want) and thought to start this thread to see who everyone thinks should win the award for game of the year. Maybe we could tally up the replies here and then compare them to which game actually wins that night? It might be cool too to send these results to Spike TV after we're done, especially if our favorites aren't on their list. So I'm going to dig around and try to find a way to contact them too.

Here's this year's choices from Spike's website (if you don't agree, just put down your favorite):

Burnout 3: Takedown (Electronic Arts)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games)
Half-Life 2 (Vivendi Universal Games)
Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami)

Also, what's your all-time favorite? (I'm predicting Super Mario Brothers and CS will top the list here.)

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you posted on who wins in case you won't catch it.

Jason

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2004 02:40 AM
jayson18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayson18 Click here to Send jayson18 a Private Message Click Here to Email jayson18 Find more posts by jayson18 Add jayson18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Wow,

All time favorite. That is a difficult choice .... soooo many hours having fun playing sooooo many games.

Top FPS would have to be the Rainbow Six series. Although it has never gotten as much hype as other FPSes, over the years it has maintained the best playability. How many LANs (both then and now) have been saved from boredom, by a quick nostalgic Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear gaming hour.

Top RTS would have to be the Warcraft 2. The first game and sequel I owned, and the sole reason for purchasing my first PC (with Rikus' credit and my paycheck). Hours and hours in the basement of our house (open to the elements, snow blowing in through the broken door) convinced me that PC gaming was something I was going to be doing for a long time.

Favorite RPG has to be Diablo and Diablo 2. Although often put down for its hack and slash play style, no other RPG has matched its pure gaming fun, playability. and staying power. More good memories of Rikus and I calling in sick to work and school and alternating playing on the new Gateway I had just bought (P5-166). Just log onto Battlenet sometime and see the tens of thousands of gamers still playing this game like their life depended on it.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of other games out there that I have been addidcted to in my time, but these three have probably accounted for 75% of my total gaming addiction through the years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2004 09:42 AM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 04:49 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]