Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > RPG (Role Playing) > My Freelancer server
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

My Freelancer server quote:

Basically, I've set up a dedicated Freelancer server for MwGL members and attendees to play on. It is set up on my second computer over my cable connection. Right now it is passworded (while I check for any issues and determine max player count) and under the title "MwGL Freelancer Server". I know I could host a 16 player Raven Shield with no lag, so I upped the ante a bit and put it at 24 players for now. Also I set it up so you start off neutral with all the different factions, rather than being friendly with some and hostile with others (Note: this will NOT stop "pirates" from scanning your cargo and demanding it). Figured it would make it so you could do what you wanted. Also upped the starting money a bit to promote the idea of being able to do what you want from the start (should be able to buy the freighter if you want to trade stuff from the start).

Anyway, here is the important info

MwGL Freelancer Server
IP: 65.28.68.189
PW: mwgl

The password is case sensitive and all lower case. Please post any thoughts or things you would like to see on this thread. It should be up most of the time as long as there are no issues.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-31-2003 12:22 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

This game rocks ass quote:

So, after Burn announced the other day that he had this server up, I started thinking. Since SWG has been indefinitely postponed (and I have a small chance in hell of getting a round 3 beta spot), I realized that this might be the game I need to get me back into the PC Gaming World. I haven't been playing much, with the thought that when SWG came out in April, that would be enough to overdose me on the PC.

So, after a quick note to Burn asking him if the game was worth it, and a quick note back from him saying "YES", I meandered down to my neighborhood Best Buy and got a copy.

So, I went home on Monday evening, installed it and started up the single player to get a hang of the game. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME. If any of you ever loved the the Privateer series, this is it's big bad ass grandson. With a very cool flying interface (although having the turbo button so closed to the Caps Lock key ends up with me shouting after every battle), an awesome reputation setup, and an unending universe to interact with .... Woo-Hoo, something to waste huge amounts of time on.

So, after playing for an hour or so to figure things out, I jumped on the MwGL server. After outfitting my ship with the basics, I immediately took a couple of low paying, low risk missions to get some extra cash. Space dogfights with many multiple opponents with no lag. On a freakin cable connection. This game impresses me with every turn.

So, Burn got on, and taught me how to use the chat window (although I still have to work on that damn Caps Lock thing). But, since he was all the way across the galaxy, by the time he got to where I was at, I had to log off. But, last night we hooked up again, and the uber-leet BurnPilot flew me through a couple of missions I couldn't have made alone and gave me a bunch of cool shit to sell. Also learned how to do formations, and learned a little more about the Nav-map.

One of the coolest parts is that Burn and I have created totally different characters. He went the Rogue/Pirate route and has high favor with the more independent (slightly outside of the law) entrepenaurial (sp?) types, whereas I went the strict lawful navy type. So, when we went on missions together, I could go into the bases to get missions, while Burn had to fly around the perimeter to keep from getting shot at by the authorities. So Cool !!!!

So, If you ever got a thrill out of X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter or the Privateer Series ... and you have an extra $45.00 laying around ... go get this game and come hang out with us in the MwGL server. It would be really cool to do some strict role-playing on the server ... With people choosing factions and then having to decide whether to attack or leave others alone when they run into each other in space. (Burn, please please please don't kill me) ... (He really is a bad-ass).

Krogue

Old Post 04-02-2003 03:31 PM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

I'm all for making the server into more of a role playing server, it will add even more fun to the game in my opinion. I'm currently looking through sites and forums for ways to make the server more unique. If more people don't join though I may take off the password just to get more people in. Problem with that is it would pretty much mean kissing the role playing element good-bye. So come play.

As for my character being a "bad-ass" as Krogue put it, that character is my designated "admin character". I'm setting it up just to be a character that can fly in and help someone out if they have troubles or got into something they shouldn't have. Still working on the gun loadout and all, but I got my ship, shields, and thruster set. Once that character is done I will make a more role play friendly character.

Old Post 04-03-2003 12:43 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rikus Khan
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

Talking Mee Too quote:

Although Krouge's endorcements of a retail chain, a certain software title and his in-ability to procure any level on a development team may, to him, seem nill, MWGL does not support any retail vendor or software company over any other. MWGl urges everyone in our community to patron the vendors of thier own choosing. It should be stressed that Krouge is the alter-ego of Kyle Steven Cambell Vogel. While Kyle S. C. Vogel I is a founding member of MWGL, Krouge is a playful little demon who doesn't have the required level of evilness to enter into even the lowest outer suburb of any ring of hell. His comments and musings should be taken with a drink made from barley. We at MWGL apologize for anything dumb, ignorant, downright silly or purple that Krouge might say. He may occasionally say something that leaves an Alaskan Salmon taste in your mouth. If it is Smoked Salmon, immediatly wash between your toes with a tooth paste containing baking soda. Baked and/or Cajun Salmon will require you to sanitize your nearest public telephone. All other flavors are irreversable; although planting a shubbery in your front yard has been rumored to help (this is not an endorcement of gardening) (this is not an endorcement that planting shrubs is a form of gardening).

That said, I anounce I am going to play the game.

Let it be known. Every particle has an anti-particle. And so, the Anti-Krouge is born! His favorite saying? ... Devine Wind! (well drunk of course)

Old Post 04-08-2003 01:12 AM
Rikus Khan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rikus Khan Click here to Send Rikus Khan a Private Message Click Here to Email Rikus Khan Visit Rikus Khan's homepage! Find more posts by Rikus Khan Add Rikus Khan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Ahhh... My evil arch-nemesis the "Anti-Krogue". I knew we would meet again. Your love for smoked salmon and shrubberies only hints at the depth of your depravity. Your mother was a warthog and your father smelt of elderberry. Now, be gone, or I will taunt you a second time.

Old Post 04-08-2003 08:33 AM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rikus Khan
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

Ummmmm quote:

DOH!

Old Post 04-08-2003 12:44 PM
Rikus Khan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rikus Khan Click here to Send Rikus Khan a Private Message Click Here to Email Rikus Khan Visit Rikus Khan's homepage! Find more posts by Rikus Khan Add Rikus Khan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

You know, you would think that with a name like K"Rogue" you would be a bit more Rogue like. But NOOOOOOOOO...... Mr. Lawful navy guy won't do anything like that an join me in my pursuits. Come on, you know you want to blow up that transport when it cuts in front of you at the jump gates

Old Post 04-08-2003 01:12 PM
Dutch

quote:

BurnPilot,

I was in a hurry and not able to give you a coherant responce to your question. (I type slow) The server seemed to be running fine. I received the lag icon once, when you were decimating the Xeno's (I have a slower DSL connection). The only thing I noticed was that the NPC ships exhibited some shifting, or slide sideways, when I was trying to line them up. This happens mostly when they slow and turn around. Overall it's great fun. Thanks for the server

Old Post 04-18-2003 02:38 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Thanks for the feedback Dutch. The server had been acting funny recently so I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed much. Some files got corrupted (I am told one of the ways this happens is by people trying to hack their characters, so please don't try to hack your characters on the server) and I had to completely reinstall Freelancer, luckily I had backed up the characters. Seems to be running ok, but the computer is making funny noises right now. Think I'm going to shut it down overnight and until tomorrow afternoon when I get a chance to check it out a little better. I'll post when it's back up, for now though I have to go to work.

Old Post 04-18-2003 10:11 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Oh yeah, in case you didn't know, the server is back up.

Old Post 04-20-2003 10:06 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 05:29 PM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]