Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Okay, I'm in a bit of a quandry (UT2K3)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Overboard
D'oh!

Okay, I'm in a bit of a quandry (UT2K3) quote:

I recently upgraded from Windows Millenium to Windows XP (yay for me!). What I actually did was install XP on a brand new hard drive, so in reality, my WinME setup is still intact.

Now for the problem: I go to install (reinstall?) Unreal Tournament 2K3 and, lo and behold, I cannot seem to find my jewel case and the attached, ever important CD Key. Note: I am NOT soliciting CD keys!! Please don't send me any!!! What I am wondering is does Atari/whomever else produces the game have some sort of replacement policy for lost keys and if so, how would I go about doing that? I have to say, their website is less than user-friendly in this respect.

Since my old system is still intact, I can get to my "Unique ID" that's displayed on the network screen in setup; in fact, I actually wrote that down thinking it might be my key, but then I found out that Unique IDs are 32 characters and keys are only like 16 or 20.

Adding to my fun is the fact that since I installed the game on my WinME system I have moved to a new house, sooooooooo in a last ditch effort to locate my jewel case I will be tearing apart my closet and its contents rather soon.

Oh, and yeah, I know UT2K4 is out. I might get it someday but right now I'm really interested in resurrecting UT2K3.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this subject.

Later!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2004 07:55 AM
Overboard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Overboard Click here to Send Overboard a Private Message Visit Overboard's homepage! Find more posts by Overboard Add Overboard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krogue
|MwGL| Founder/Co-Leader

quote:

Check out this site. It is Atari's Customer Service site. If necessary, you can always call the telephone help desk for info.

Atari Customer Service

Old Post 03-26-2004 11:52 AM
Krogue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krogue Click here to Send Krogue a Private Message Click Here to Email Krogue Visit Krogue's homepage! Find more posts by Krogue Add Krogue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WaRMaN
Administrator

quote:

This site will help you even more, and save you a helluva lotta time!

Old Post 03-26-2004 11:57 PM
WaRMaN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WaRMaN Click here to Send WaRMaN a Private Message Click Here to Email WaRMaN Visit WaRMaN's homepage! Find more posts by WaRMaN Add WaRMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Overboard
D'oh!

quote:

FOUND my key, FINALLY! It was about 6 feet from me all along in a pile of stuff I hadn't looked through. Got the inspiration to put the objects in said pile where they belong (finally) and as I went through it, I found my key.

Not nearly as many UT2K3 servers out there now, at least not running Instagib. Guess everyone's defecting, er, upgrading to 2004.

Old Post 08-05-2004 10:48 AM
Overboard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Overboard Click here to Send Overboard a Private Message Visit Overboard's homepage! Find more posts by Overboard Add Overboard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCShadowDragon
Phear teh 3vil Duckie

quote:

IG is hard to find in 2k4 Mainly because when you search it's not a "standard" server.

It's out there tho. And there is only ONE reason to upgrade to 2k4... dual assault rifles baby!

That and they brought back the REAL sniper rifle.

Old Post 08-05-2004 02:14 PM
KCShadowDragon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KCShadowDragon Click here to Send KCShadowDragon a Private Message Click Here to Email KCShadowDragon Visit KCShadowDragon's homepage! Find more posts by KCShadowDragon Add KCShadowDragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 10:22 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]