Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > MWGL Questions, Comments and Off-Topic > MWGL Off-Topic > posting
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
zzsonzz

posting quote:

Why dont you let us actually rant and post what ever the hell we want, wether it be flaming or just normal fucking talk? Without half of us your events wouldnt be much, and there would never be any talking on any of these boards at all, except for the admins, so unless you want an inactive board and nobody showing up at events, then go on with deleting the posts, and such and such. get over it.

fatality,brett,son,porky > *

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2003 06:08 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Let's see here, a board with limited activity or a board where people show no respect for others hm...... which is better. Well I know what looks more professional and it's certainly not a board where people get flamed for expressing their thoughts.

Here's a question for you. What's wrong with treating people with respect and giving ideas in a constructive (and therefore useful) manner? Do you not come off as being cool then?

Old Post 09-20-2003 08:40 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zzsonzz

quote:

Well if were talkin about the looks of professional,
then i dont think you have any room to talk, since i dont see
your professional life shooting off like a rocket to any moon,cause i know there are some players here who have actually done well in more then just an MWGL event, *cough*,thats for sure. Its a free country, that doesnt require we have to show respect for anybody or anything, thats why theres somethign called freedom of speech, and also the term 'dont be a pussy stand up for yourself' comes into a big roll play aswell.

Old Post 09-20-2003 09:25 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

I assume you are talking professional from just a gaming standpoint. If so I can say that I have never set it as a goal to be a professional gamer for several reasons. The most important one is I game to relax and have fun. I could care less if I win a tournament because I have many other things besides gaming that occupy my time. If this is what you are talking about, then no, I'm not a professional in that aspect. I am professional though by the fact that I tend not to be rude to someone unless they are to me first. It's a common courtesy.

Thing is we do want MwGL, and henceforth the forums, to look professional if we want sponserships and such. Companies sure as heck won't want to be associated with us if they come to our site and see name calling and general disrespect by everyone. From that standpoint we can run the site in the way that we think benefits the league most. This is the reason we prefer to keep the flaming and disrespectful attitudes to a minimum.

This is the type of professionalism we are looking for and while there is freedom of speech in the nation, we can also run the organization as we want. Just like your job can fire you for cussing since it would reflect bad on the company, we can delete posts if we believe it will reflect bad on MwGL. So how about people show us some respect for once and honor what we try to do.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:17 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

It always makes me laugh when idiots bring up the first amendment when they don't understand it. Especially when dealing with a PRIVATE forum where they happen to be guests.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:26 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zzsonzz

quote:

You only have somewhat of a point there, You see, yeah i guess you could say your trying to look professional for the sponsors and such and such, But when WE are the gamers who play this game comeptive, have done well in other tournaments besides just MWGL, and take it a little more serious then just a normal fun game to relax, and skill goes beyond other levels, We should have the right to say what we want, Thats why its called a forum, is a sponsor looks at a forum to see how the company's, (and takes the people who give money to goto your events i might add) gamers reflect on MWGL itself, they are pretty stupid, Im sure you can browse many of the cpl and quakecon forums and their is flame all over, left and right, ten times worse then im about to do, But yet you dont see them whining and removing posts, They are more professional then anything, When you got the skill and can talk the talk and back it up, i dont see the problem, especially when your the one who makes the company who it is by going to there events, and winning them, Take the ut2003 scene for example, k|infinite, biggest shit talker amongst any , well not really brett`, but shit , take brett, WCG all star baby, infinite , going to WCG Korea, yet he talks more shit then anybody, you dont see anybody hasslin his ass, they hassle his ass thru the forums and respond back that way, Which is exactly how anybody else here could do, just get the balls to do it. Its a Forum, We are the gamers, we can say what we want, especially when we are the ones paying to goto your events and any other events, Sure we might not be professional, but as i stated, i can name 5 or so MWGL attendees who have done well at Quakecon/WCG/Online Tournaments aswell, let alone mwgl.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:32 PM
zzsonzz

quote:

Yeah, Private Forum, especially when your ass pays the the people who own the private forum when attendin the events .
beyond unreal.
2ez.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:47 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

It's not just a matter of "looking professional". It's a matter of being decent, courteous human beings. It's a matter of not taking out all your teenage anger on the nearest possible source that doesn't fight back. It's a matter of being respectful to other people. Not that I really believe any of this matters to you; but it matters to me. Whether you care or not, I don't care. There is also quite a BIG difference between "shit talking" and downright mean, disrespectful, hateful, spiteful posts directed at an individual for ANY reason. There was no matter of "skill" and "backing up your talk". If you have an opinion that relates to the post and that isn't disrespectful, then feel free to post it. Otherwise, start a new post, or don't post at all. I'd rather have forums where there were NO TOPICS AT ALL, then have a forum where every post called people names and insulted others.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:48 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by zzsonzz
Yeah, Private Forum, especially when your ass pays the the people who own the private forum when attendin the events .
beyond unreal.
2ez.

It absolutely boggles my mind that you actually learned how to use a computer. What does paying for event attendance have to do with these forums, other than registration? Oh, right....not a damn thing. "2ez" Maybe you should up your challenge level, then.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:50 PM
zzsonzz

quote:

up my challenge? explain that one. You act like its a private forum and that means, its not free of speech, we participate at the mwgl events by paying $$$, therefor doesnt that hold a boundary of posting as we wish on a forum? Dont kid yourself with the learnin the computer, it was just a matter of plugging in the keyboard and putting people in there seats.

Old Post 09-20-2003 10:53 PM
Brett
Disabled

HMMMMM quote:

Contrary to popular belief, I myself go to MWGL to have fun and just get some games in. However i don't find much joy in just going and playing random games, i wish to play games that i like, quake 3, counterstrike, ut2003 (even tho it fucking sucks). I go usually even if there isn't tournies we get porky or someone to run a quake 3 tourny etc. I dont treat mwgl as a professional gaming event like I do some of the others.. wcg, qcon, cpl..because mwgl isnt the same. MWGL isn't a professional gaming event and i seriously doubt it's meant to be a professional gaming event. So until it is meant to be a professional gaming event i will come play games i enjoy for fun and for competition..to me losing isn't fun so i like to win when i can . Deleting posts..who knows i guess it is mwgl's forum they can do what they want, i agree constructive critisism would be the correcy way to post something so mwgl can try to get some decent feedback.

GG spelling. i plan to attend the next mwgl and play one of the 3 games i mentioned.

Old Post 09-20-2003 11:39 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Click Here to Email Brett Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
up my challenge? explain that one. You act like its a private forum and that means, its not free of speech, we participate at the mwgl events by paying $$$, therefor doesnt that hold a boundary of posting as we wish on a forum? Dont kid yourself with the learnin the computer, it was just a matter of plugging in the keyboard and putting people in there seats.
No, it doesn't. You pay the money to attend the event. The forums and website have NOTHING to do with that. Even so, when you attend those events there are certain rules and behaviors you are expected to follow. If you didn't, then you would not be allowed to attend, even if you paid $100. So don't kid yourself.

Old Post 09-20-2003 11:44 PM
zzsonzz

quote:

K there buddy, We'll see. I dont need a forum to sit here and talk jibber jabber to you, like i said, face to face always works a 100 times better.

Old Post 09-21-2003 12:07 AM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

quote:
K there buddy, We'll see. I dont need a forum to sit here and talk jibber jabber to you, like i said, face to face always works a 100 times better.

So you are going to go to Boston to talk to him? Seriously, I don't know what the deal is with the tough guy talk. My god, we are all here to game.

Like Anthos said thought, there's a difference between smack talk and just being a jerk to someone. We have no problem with smack talk and even "friendly" name calling and giving people a hard time, but if you are doing it to be spiteful and mean there will be issues and the MwGL members can't guarantee that your post will not be deleted. I need to get some sleep now though, so with that I will be going.

Old Post 09-21-2003 08:08 AM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

quote:
We'll see what? Is that some sort of veiled threat? Because you suck at that. As for needing a forum, no you don't. You could use IRC. Other than that, those are about your only options. I really don't see you getting on a plane and flying half way across the country. But, if you'd like to do so, I'd be more than happy to pick you up at the airport.

Old Post 09-21-2003 08:54 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 04:56 AM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]