Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > Technical Support > Hardware > Choosing a monitor
Which Monitor to choose?
IBM 21in PureFlat
Nokia 445Xi 21in
Dell/Sony Trinitron P991 Flat 19in
NEC 21in
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

Choosing a monitor quote:

Which monitor would be your choice?

Merchants:

IBM 21in PureFlat
Nokia 445Xi 21in
Dell/Sony Trinitron P991 Flat 19in
NEC 21in (Trying to find out model number)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-2004 06:09 PM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

You want a 21 inch?

I vote none of the above.

This is my monitor of choice:

Viewsonic A90f 19" Perfect Flat CRT

If you want the bigger one, you can go with this:

Viewsonic G220f 21" Perfect Flat CRT

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 04-22-2004 06:25 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

I doubt I'd go with the G220f, considering it's almost $400.

I'm trying to stay under $200.

The A90f is $209, though, so I'll have to check it out.

Old Post 04-22-2004 06:34 PM
MOMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOMO Click here to Send MOMO a Private Message Click Here to Email MOMO Visit MOMO's homepage! Find more posts by MOMO Add MOMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reverend Loki
Disabled

Currently own a Nkia 445Xi... quote:

I currently own a Nokia 445Xi - it is indeed a nice monitor, though mine is a little old (picked it up used several years ago), so the complaints I have about it probably arise more from age than the monitor itself. it is somewhat lacking as far as brightness goes... it just seems like the shadow mask saps out too much. It is at a comfortable level, though it is turned up all the way to get that. This also seems to hurt the color saturation a bit. All in all, at that price, a good monitor - and I'm sure all of my complaints will all but disappear on a new model.

Now, I have delegated my 21" Nokia 445Xi to "secondary monitor" status, where it sits beside my primary, a 21" Nokia 445XPro, which is, yes, the step up quality wise from the 445Xi. The difference is astounding. I've had it up to it's max resolution of 1800x1440, and the clarity was great - didn't even have to boost the font sizes to make them readable. Even has dual video inputs - vga, and what I think is called BCI, or something like that... not there at the moment, and been a while since I looked at that. It's some sort of split input format anyways. Picked this one up from one of those annoying "Super Computer Sales" which seems to be at the Overland Park Expo Center every 3 or 4 months, for about $80. I did notice that the guy selling it also had a 445Xi for the same price too...

One thing to keep in mind - these are both huge and heavy. Make sure you have a large footprint on a sturdy surface (my dual monitors take up the vast majority of a 3x6 steelcase table).

What's this all mean, and what can I recommend? Hell if I know.. just thought I'd add some notes from someone who owns one. Make of it what you will.

Old Post 04-24-2004 11:17 AM
Reverend Loki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reverend Loki Click here to Send Reverend Loki a Private Message Find more posts by Reverend Loki Add Reverend Loki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOMO
King of MOMO Land

quote:

damn, a steelcase table! talk about heavy duty!

well it looks like i will probably go with the A90f.

Old Post 04-24-2004 11:57 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 03:12 PM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]