Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Up and Coming [EDITED]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

For anyone just trying this out I definitely recommend going to the EA servers for now. As of this point they usually have the best ping and the most people to play with. They are also where I have found the best examples of teamwork and it's easy to get the feel for the game in them. Just type EA into the filter and hit enter and you will get an entire list of of them. Hopefully once the full game gets out we will see some other good servers pop up that develope some communities but for the demo definitely check out the EA servers.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2002 12:46 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sharky

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnPilot
...the EA servers for now. As of this point they usually have the best ping and the most people to play with.

I cant speak to the teamwork comment, but as for the low Ping, BFGServers.com is sponsoring a retail server that is very solid. We have been playing on it since the demo was released and I have not seen any pings over 100. I have RR and my ping is consistantly 50-60. I would invite all who is interested to join us. I think I have seen Kagato out there and I KNOW I have seen Mr. Sparkle...I spanked him a few times with a Panzer! Just type in BFG in the filter.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. I cannot get enough of this game...and I am kinda with Burn in where I would like to see more true team play. Not just everyone trying to score points...but a win for the team!

Sharky

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:22 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sharky

I cant speak to the teamwork comment, but as for the low Ping, BFGServers.com is sponsoring a retail server that is very solid. We have been playing on it since the demo was released and I have not seen any pings over 100. I have RR and my ping is consistantly 50-60. I would invite all who is interested to join us. I think I have seen Kagato out there and I KNOW I have seen Mr. Sparkle...I spanked him a few times with a Panzer! Just type in BFG in the filter.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. I cannot get enough of this game...and I am kinda with Burn in where I would like to see more true team play. Not just everyone trying to score points...but a win for the team!

Sharky

Well post up the ip man so everyone can enjoy the gaming goodness.

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:53 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

Use the filter, man! Type BFG and hit enter.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:12 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Have used the filter twice and bfg just wouldn't come up for some reason. Plus if I remember correctly from the kcgeek forums there is a password on it, so I was hoping he would post where the password was located as well so everyone could join in.

Old Post 09-20-2002 10:17 PM
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

Everytime I play this game, I get to see something new to laugh at - wether it be a bug in the game physics or a new way for somebody to die A full server makes for even funner play...

Old Post 10-03-2002 08:40 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EwKSnipistPlaya

quote:

Errrrr.... I can't play it cause my Graphics Card SUCKS

I have an NVidia TNT2 M64

Does anyone know any cheap graphics card that will support the game so it can be playable?

Old Post 10-10-2002 03:56 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

GeForce 2 series will play it.

Old Post 10-10-2002 05:09 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EwKSnipistPlaya

quote:

Alright

Old Post 10-10-2002 06:16 PM
Spaz

quote:

[117th] > All other BF1942 clans!

Old Post 10-15-2002 08:10 PM
bobdoletha1

can't even get it to work quote:

My bf 1942 (retail, not demo) locks up all the time for no apparant reason. I've heard it was something to do with hardware accel in sb live related soundcards, but turning hardware accel off makes your soundcard worthless in every other game.

At this point my opinion is that its a buggy POS with crap netcode. If I am shooting at some guy's head, i better get the kill... especially if i am prone and sitting still and taking time to line up the shot. Maybe in 3 or 4 patches the game will live up to its potential, but I really think it was released WAY prematurely.

Old Post 10-17-2002 04:56 PM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

I may be remembering wrong, but I don't think you have to turn it off for everything. I think there is an option in the game itself to lower the hardware acceleration. I'd have to check to make sure, though.

Old Post 10-17-2002 11:54 PM
All times are Central. The time now is 06:25 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]