Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > FPS (First Person Shooters) > Clan Scrimmage
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Please say everyone will be starting at the same time in this scrim.

Tonight when I was playing on Shamika I was the first (or maybe tied for the first) person in and it autoed me to coalition. Since I was one of the first in and we had played the last map as a pseudo scrim I decided to just hop around and wait for everyone to join so it would be fair and fun game when everyone joined.

However before the rest of MwGL could even join ALL of SS jumped to the coalition side and immediately started taking points. When I then suggested that to be fair people wait until everyone was in to take points I was greeted with "How is taking points not fair?". Hmmmm... so immediately stacking the team to the most powerful team on the map, then getting airborne and taking 2 points before there are even 2 people on the other team is fair? I'm sorry but if this is the way you guys play I'm not sure I even want to scrim. And be sure that if people act like this at all during the scim, I will immediately leave the scim and encourage the rest of MwGL to do the same.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2004 10:48 PM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnPilot

Q. Please say everyone will be starting at the same time in this scrim.

A. We have never been involved in a scrimmage where everyone joined the server first and then battled. This is our 7th scrimmage and none have waited until we got in. If that is something you want to agree upon we can deal with that. However, we have spent a lot of money in our systems to get us on the maps as quickly as possible and that gives us the edge when scrimmaging. We did this to compete with those that were doing the same thing to us.

We don't belong to a league but, we do use STA and CAL
as a reference when these kinds of questions are asked. None really make reference to the wait approach except for STA which wants people to take a team screenshot before a match but it is also not required.

Q. Tonight when I was playing on Shamika I was the first (or maybe tied for the first) person in and it autoed me to coalition. Since I was one of the first in and we had played the last map as a seudo scrim I decided to just hop around and wait for everyone to join so it would be fair and fun game when everyone joined.

A. Tonight was not a scrimmage but was meant to be a fun time for us to get to know ones game play. There are some things you didn't like and there was some things we didn't like. Basically, without any prior contact we have no idea what your home rules are and you have no idea what ours are. That is why I posted the server settings and left it open for discussion. We always scout a opponents site and get a feel for their home rules. A basic home rule is that the inviting clan for a scrimmage serves as the "Host" and as the host has the pick of "Coalition" or "Opposition." We picked Coalition so that was to be posted. If you want a rematch then we will go by your home rules.

Q. However before the rest of MwGL could even join ALL of SS jumped to the coalition side and immediately started taking points. When I then suggested that to be fair people wait until everyone was in to take points I was greeted with "How is taking points not fair?". Hmmmm... so immediately stacking the team to the most powerful team on the map, then getting airborne and taking 2 points before there are even 2 people on the other team is fair?

A. In a battle, does the enemy wait until the opponent is all stacked up and lined up to fight? The British tried that and got beat. There is not one server I have ever been on that requires everyone to sign in and wait. Would it be fairer? Yes, but as a whole I don't think we do anything that others don't do.

Q. I'm sorry but if this is the way you guys play I'm not sure I even want to scrim. And be sure that if people act like this at all during the scim, I will immediately leave the scim and encourage the rest of MwGL to do the same.

A. That is your perogative. We at ShamikaServer.com play with Cla[SS]! We are a family site and we discourage our members from using profanity, rude comments, and we expect fair play from all our members. I invited you all to give you an opportunity to see what our site has to offer. We have dedicated servers running UT 2k3, UT 2k4, NASCAR 2003, and Desert Combat running 24/7. We have been beat and we have won scrimmages and believe me I know the fustration of questionable acts on an opposing clan! We were looking forward to using PunkBuster as a way to keep cheats off of our servers and I know we had some people getting kicked because of PunkBuster. We have emailed their support staff to address this issue and look for a update to corrrect this bug. I would still like to see you this Saturday for our scrimmage. If you want to check out a clan that we get stomped by each time we play I encourage you to check out Team BFMC at UraniumGamers.com. You think we play hard, they are a good group to scrimmage with! They sure tought us what its like to have good rigs and lots of teamwork...

Old Post 02-24-2004 01:08 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Ok, well I thought you knew this going in, but MwGL is not a competitive clan. We do not play in leagues and do not have any house or home rules. We play for fun and some of that fun comes though friendly competition here and there. That being said my understanding of this scrim was that it was going to be a friendly scrim where everyone could have fun. As for last night not being a scrim, it became a psuedo scrim once it got seperated to sides of SS vs MwGL.

The speed joining and taking points before the other team gets out of their base is just pansy and disrespectful. I don't care if other teams have done it to you, we haven't. Don't compare it to real world battles as it's not, it's a game. The joining and taking points is what I'm ticked off about more than the side that was joined. The side you chose just added to it on a really crappy map where it is easy to pin the other team down if you quickly take control.

Point of it all is that in my mind this is not how you treat people that are there for a friendly game, it was disrespectful. If you didn't know that we don't play competitively then there it is. We agreed to scrim because we thought it would be cool to play in a more team based enviroment for once vs normal pubs. We also accepted the scrim invite because you have been a regular attendee at our lans who seems pretty nice.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. As for the home team automatically being able to pick which side they want on a map, I hope you don't mean on every map. That sounds like just another way to try and stack the deck to a side. If anything it should alternate.

Old Post 02-24-2004 07:00 AM
BurnPilot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnPilot Click here to Send BurnPilot a Private Message Click Here to Email BurnPilot Find more posts by BurnPilot Add BurnPilot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnPilot
Ok, well I thought you knew this going in, but MwGL is not a competitive clan. We do not play in leagues and do not have any house or home rules. We play for fun and some of that fun comes though friendly competition here and there. That being said my understanding of this scrim was that it was going to be a friendly scrim where everyone could have fun. As for last night not being a scrim, it became a psuedo scrim once it got seperated to sides of SS vs MwGL.

The speed joining and taking points before the other team gets out of their base is just pansy and disrespectful. I don't care if other teams have done it to you, we haven't. Don't compare it to real world battles as it's not, it's a game. The joining and taking points is what I'm ticked off about more than the side that was joined. The side you chose just added to it on a really crappy map where it is easy to pin the other team down if you quickly take control.

Point of it all is that in my mind this is not how you treat people that are there for a friendly game, it was disrespectful. If you didn't know that we don't play competitively then there it is. We agreed to scrim because we thought it would be cool to play in a more team based enviroment for once vs normal pubs. We also accepted the scrim invite because you have been a regular attendee at our lans who seems pretty nice.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. As for the home team automatically being able to pick which side they want on a map, I hope you don't mean on every map. That sounds like just another way to try and stack the deck to a side. If anything it should alternate.

As the official for our Battlefield section, I am the one who makes the decisions as to game play on our server. I have been playing with MWGL for the last 4 years and understand the history behind what you mentioned. I have played with you guys in many games other than Desert Combat. As a matter of fact, it was MWGL that introduced me to Battlefield. Another fact is that I seen some rather competitive play from members in all games I have played with MWGL members. Why you say that you don't play competively is beyond me, since I think members on MWGL have had some great game play otherwise I wouldn't be coming back to all these LAN events I have attended over the years.

We had forum members that joined in on your side to help out in evening out the teams thorought the nite. The players we had last night were not all of our regular players. We do play competively and we do make it fun. That is why we love this game! I don't know how we can hold back just to make it fun and respectful for MWGL members.

If getting a jump on our server is all that is bothering you we can deal with this. If teams is the problems we can deal with that too. Like I said before, we posted that we can work with the details. The only problem is who is going to blow the play whistle?

Old Post 02-24-2004 09:51 AM
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

quote:

An individual playing competitively is not the same as having a team compete. Sure, there may be 1 or 2 guys that play the game a lot and may be pretty darn good at it. However, MwGL has always been centered around having fun with a bunch of friends playing computer games. We don't generally devote our money first and foremost to our rigs to have a competitive edge. Sure, we like to have nice machines and all, but there is food to put on the table, bills to pay, rent to pay, etc. I don't know the make up of your clan, specifically; but most clans that play competitively (i.e., in leagues, ladders, etc.) are composed of younger kids that don't deal with that as much and can devote that kind of time and expense to the game and their machine. The idea of a friendly scrimmage to me, at least, is one where we go into a match and play as hard as we can on a fair and even basis. To me, that includes having the same number of people on each side, alternating map/team choices, and starting the game when EVERYONE is present to begin.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Old Post 02-24-2004 04:12 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CCMC
|MwGL| Server Admin

quote:

When I play, I play for fun but I also play to win. That is the way I play at the LANs, and the way I play online. I have played on the [SS] servers for over a month now, and have seen people kicked for doing things that go against what [SS] has set up for the rules for their server.

As for Tony and a couple of other guys that kept getting killed while in the tanks and the tanks not blowing up, that was becuase you had killed a teammate. You get a long respan time when you kill a teammate. This is keep team killing to a minimum.

I had a lot of fun playing last night, I had no complaints except for the fact that I didnt get in to play until later than I wanted to.

**DISCLAIMER**
This is just my opinion and is not what all of the members of MwGL feel.

Who wants to mess with me now?

Old Post 02-24-2004 05:05 PM
CCMC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CCMC Click here to Send CCMC a Private Message Click Here to Email CCMC Visit CCMC's homepage! Find more posts by CCMC Add CCMC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

I will tell my guys not to scrimmage like that until the actual scrim. We do play fair and we do make an effort to run a server that will bring in players. If you all just want to drop by for gameplay that was my whole intent. Tech Doc called me up and asked if I wanted to play and I was not meaning to get anything going but to give you all the opportunity to practice before our match on Saturday.

Our members vary in ages and most of them are 20 - 40's year old married, divorced, and varying professions. We all know the sacrifices we have to get our rigs in top form and we all know the feeling of waiting to buy that extra RAM when we can afford it. We have very few members that are actually from the same state. We have members from one side of the U.S. to the other. We look forward to seeing you online and we hope to make this a workable event for your members.

See you on the Battlefield!

Old Post 02-24-2004 07:14 PM
BurnPilot
A Kamikaze Wombat

quote:

Ok, well it sounds like joining thing could be viewed as an honest mistake after talking over it here in the forums. I know I heard quite a few people upset with it in Ventrilo when it happened and must admit it hit kinda close to home with me. Was too close to the cheap crap clans tried to pull when I played competitive CS and what drove me away from FPS for a while. I'm willing to forgive and forget though due to the circumstances.

Old Post 02-25-2004 10:44 AM
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

Ok, we have set up our server to allow all players to be logged on and I will start the map once all are ready. I will type in telling you that the map will be starting and that will be the go mark.

PunkBuster has been disabled so please make sure you uncheck the PunkBuster box.

The maps will be:

El Alemain
Gazala
Bocage
DC Urban Seige
DC Lost Village

MWGL will start off as Coalition and we will swap at each map.

I hope this will be agreeable for you all and if there are any questions click here.

Password for the server will be emailed to BurnPilot.

Will look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Old Post 02-26-2004 07:47 PM
Oreo[SS]
Disabled

quote:

Good games last night. Hope to see you guys on the server again.

Old Post 02-29-2004 07:19 AM
Oreo[SS] is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oreo[SS] Click here to Send Oreo[SS] a Private Message Visit Oreo[SS]'s homepage! Find more posts by Oreo[SS] Add Oreo[SS] to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathsDoor[SS]

quote:

Thanks for hanging in there guys while we worked out the bugs! Hope we made it fun for you all and feel free to ask for a rematch anytime! See you on the Battlefield!

Old Post 02-29-2004 08:47 AM
All times are Central. The time now is 01:18 PM. Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]