Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > The Gamers Corner > Misc. > X2 - The Threat
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Anthos
|MwGL| Wicked Sick Admin

X2 - The Threat quote:

Not really sure where this actually is categorized. I think it's classed as a strategy game at BB, but who knows. They've got Lords of EQ classed as a Fantasy/Role Play. Anyhoot, here's the link to the review for the game. It actually looks pretty interesting. Seems to be furthering the thought of Freelancer from the looks of it. Anyone played it at all? I've seen it on the shelf, but never really took a close look at it.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Nobody wins in a quick-draw contest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2004 09:34 PM
Anthos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anthos Click here to Send Anthos a Private Message Click Here to Email Anthos Visit Anthos's homepage! Find more posts by Anthos Add Anthos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snooggums
n00bie

quote:

I played the first X for a while at a friends house so I didn't get too involved. Since this sounds like an updated version of the same game I'll give my input from the first one.

You can do anything as far as trading, exploring, etc. You can go anywhere at anytime. Feel free to roam. Along with that comes BORING TIMES. The first one had too much travel between locations at the beginning. There's just no overall plot, although it is a great time waster. If you spend long enough you can get a really fast ship to wander between doing regular things you could be doing if you opened your own business minus shooting down your rivals.

If they fixed the boredom of travelling at the beginning from the first game, and smoothed out the pretty well done space combat then I'd recommend this game, but I'd have to play it to see if they fixed what I personally didn't like.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2004 01:42 PM
snooggums is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snooggums Click here to Send snooggums a Private Message Click Here to Email snooggums Find more posts by snooggums Add snooggums to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 06:05 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]