Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
MWGL Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 MWGL Forums > Technical Support > Networking > Cable or DSL?
What do you have...?
Cable
DSL
Dial-Up ROFL (for Johnny)
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Squirre1
|MwGL| Founder/Leader

Cable or DSL? quote:

What connection do you have and which do you think is better...

Cable or DSL...

I personally am a DSL person.. Reason is because no matter when I am on, I get full BW regardless of other people on my node... Cable depends on others...

Only shit part is that My DSL is capped at 1.5Mbit...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2003 03:56 PM
Squirre1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squirre1 Click here to Send Squirre1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Squirre1 Visit Squirre1's homepage! Find more posts by Squirre1 Add Squirre1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaiserRoll
Line noise

quote:

Well, I use comcast (Blue springs area comcast) And it seems to be pretty darn good right now. I get pretty good pings, upload speed leaves something to be desired, but it works pretty good on a shared connection. Ive heard about comcast users in various other places with less than stellar connections, so, yea, you know.

Old Post 01-22-2003 04:44 PM
KaiserRoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaiserRoll Click here to Send KaiserRoll a Private Message Click Here to Email KaiserRoll Find more posts by KaiserRoll Add KaiserRoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kagato
Lord Master Smacktard

quote:

I've had TimeWarner cable for nearly 3 years now and don't regret a day of it - never had issues and the speeds have always been good (benefit of living around older people, haha). I suppose it depends where you live though - I know some folks that DSL blows away Cable, and in other areas it's the exact opposite. I've heard Everest is pretty damn good for the price - may switch to them when I someday migrate to the Overland Park area. Overall I think Cable has a larger percentage of the market, but DSL is gaining quickly now.

Personally, if I ever win the Powerball, I'm getting an DS3 run to my home!

Old Post 01-22-2003 08:37 PM
Kagato is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kagato Click here to Send Kagato a Private Message Visit Kagato's homepage! Find more posts by Kagato Add Kagato to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CCMC
|MwGL| Server Admin

quote:

My Server up in KC has a Time Warner Connection and always had good luck with it up there. Now that Im in Joplin Im on DSL and don't like the speeds... So I guess I would prefer to have Cable.

Who wants to mess with me now?

Old Post 01-23-2003 09:33 AM
CCMC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CCMC Click here to Send CCMC a Private Message Click Here to Email CCMC Visit CCMC's homepage! Find more posts by CCMC Add CCMC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are Central. The time now is 08:54 AM. Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread ]