Posters Name: Kagato
Posters Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: UT2003 Is Golden
Rumors have flown around for the past few days about Unreal Tournament going gold, all of which were shot down. Well, now comes the official word from Epic Megagames own Mark Reign, that as of this morning, the title has been shipped off to the manufacturer for production. Word:
Just before 5AM Eastern Standard Time this morning we shipped the release version of Unreal Tournament 2003 to manufacturing. It should be in production later today and in stores before the end of the month. We want to thank everyone on the forum for all of the valuable feedback. In the week since we shipped the demo we worked pretty much non-stop to squash a lot of bugs and incorporate some of the great feedback we got from players all around the world.They're aiming for this to be on store shelves before the end of the month. 35 levels? Can you say sweeeeeet!
Steve Polge is going to post a list of some of the gameplay changes we made since the demo in the demo feedback forum.
UT2003 is a 3 CD set. Of course you know itís a huge game with a ton of content (over 35 levels), great characters, awesome gametypes, incredible AI, cool mutators, etc. But thereís also some great tools including the following:
1. Maya Personal Learning Edition from Alias|Wavefront - a special version of the professional-strength 3D content creation tool used by top game designers and major Hollywood studios along with a special plug-in created by our friends Secret Level Inc. that provides seamless integration between the game's engine and Maya.
2. The Karma Authoring Tool (KAT) that allows you to set up character joint constraints for use with MathEngine's Karma real-time physics system which is incorporated into UT2003.
3. UPaint - a 3D painting application that lets you paint directly on the games' characters in 3D and also provides face projection which allows you to paste your face over the game's characters.
4. The Unreal Editor 3.0 - the latest version of the main tool we used to build all of the UT2003 levels.
5. The UnrealScript Real Time Debugger lets mod authors trace through their code like never before. This is the kind of tool that professional developers rely on to ship the best possible code.
6. A fully working Karma-enhanced vehicle and a test level to drive it around it. This will give mod maker a head start on how to do cool vehicle-based mods with our technology.